LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3766-9259-1086-3732

Gameboy Player for the Wii?

Im surprised no one has asked this yet. The Gamecube had an attachment that allowed you to play your Gameboy games on your TV via Gameboy Player. Im wondering if Nin will release a similar product for the Wii and possibly as DS version? However the DS has a touchscreen so i think that would be pretty hard to do.

Wii New and Reviews JerrodDRagon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8369-4137-0402-8056
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Elmer
    Im surprised no one has asked this yet. The Gamecube had an attachment that allowed you to play your Gameboy games on your TV via Gameboy Player. Im wondering if Nin will release a similar product for the Wii and possibly as DS version? However the DS has a touchscreen so i think that would be pretty hard to do.
    Yeah I got one for the Gamecube and I hope they have one come out for the Wii, as for the DS could wirelessly connect to the Wii and as you play you use the DS to Play but the Video appears on your TV Most games could do this while others might not be ok, but like DBZ fighting would work, Mario Basket Ball woulr work, The New Super Mario Brothers could work and so could Mario Kart so they could do it and if they do I hope Mario Kart DS can be online while you play on yout TV.
    -No External Links

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    ds titles would work on wii i would think because it has a pointer system that could act as sort of a touch screen for it it would be done in one of two ways 1 would be to have a DS Player Channel you would go on your ds and click download play and it would wirelessly connect to the wii and download an application to allow you to display your ds game on your tv and allow you to use your wii mote as sort of a big stylus you would of course not touch the TV screen but the advantage of this would be that it would actualy load the game onto both the ds and your wii so that if you have problems doing something on your wii you could do it on your ds with out having to reboot your ds into the game and then back into your wii. So it would display the game on both your ds screen and the tv screen.

Another 2nd way would be to have a small device that would connect to a usb slot on the back that would allow ds games to be loaded into the system. I don't know how it would work they could even have a touch sensitive lay over screen you put on your tv but this is very unlikely.
    Last edited by Link_of_Hyrule; 12-06-2006 at 01:58 PM.

Please PM me before adding me!

Ads