I was wondering if anyone knows how to change the cable of theHDE Wired Infrared (Wii) Sensor Bar to USB.
I bought mine a few days ago and I saw that it has 6 LEDS inside just for info.
Thanks in advance
Never mind my dad fixed it !
So what we have here is a Wii Sensor Bar v2 with 6 LEDS (the newer one but looks the same outside as the normal Wii Sensor Bar that has 10LEDS).
I wanted it being powered by USB and so we did !
This is thanks to my dad btw who made this.
I noticed that I have the same one as this guy has : http://www.hunterdavis.com/2011/05/0...ar-conversion/
BUT my dad noticed something weird, on the site they say: Twist together the yellow wire from the sensor bar to the silver shielding within the usb cable. Now twist the red wire from the usb cable to the red wire of the sensorbar cable.
This didn't power my sensor bar with the USB so what my dad did and fixed my issue, was this:
AND before you start, you might remind to test the power sometimes with some power testing tool that makes a BEEP sound.
1) Open up your Wii Sensor Bar (should be about 6 screws, 2 behind some strips, just look at the picture were the screws are pointing at)
2) Remove the whole cable (Gold and Red) from the circuit board of the Wii Sensor Bar but remember the colors or just check the picture later.
3) Open up a USB cable until you see all 4 or 5 cables (Red, White, Green, Black and maybe silver)
4) Solder the "RED cable from the USB" to where the Yellow/Gold cable was attached on the Wii Sensor Bar.
5) Solder the "BLACK cable from the USB" to where the Red cable was attached on the Wii Sensor Bar.
6) If you want you can tape the Green/White/Silver together for a better view but be sure you can still close your sensor bar.
7) Close your Wii Sensor Bar and plug it in your computer or if you want to be sure, plug it in an old PC or anything that gives power trought USB.
8) Check if the LEDS are lighting up with a digital camera (lights should be in like in my picture at the bottom.)
This did the trick for me.
Here's a picture of my nice Wii USB Sensor bar ! LONG LIVE MY FATHER