+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: small tv

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2509-0795-4188-6793

small tv

how will the wii work on a small television? i have a 13" tv in my room. will i need to upgrade to a bigger one to play games?
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    7190-3324-3845-8331
    why would you need to do that, the sensor bar won't care how big or small your TV is...all you need to worry about is how far back you sit (or stand) when you play...sometimes things could look a little small maybe

Wii, 2 Remotes, 2 Nunchucks, Classic Controller, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Zelda: TP, Resident Evil 4, Metal Slug Anthology, Guitar Hero III
    VC: Mario Bros, Mario Bros 3, Ninja Gaiden II, Sonic 2, Shinobi III, Soldier Blade, Blazing Lasers, Devil's Crush, Lords of Thunder, Harvest Moon, Super Metroid, Castlevania IV, Zelda: Link to the Past, F-Zero GX, Street Fighter II: Turbo, Axelay

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    i mean, like, the since things are smaller that would make them closer together and it would be harder to aim at the little things (e.g. in TP when youre aiming the bow at something)
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Member #
    Friends
    Hi Mr Stoukaph,

How many inches is your computer moniter? Because the Wii will come standard with VGA output, so you will be able to play games on your moniter. So it should be easier to sit close to a moniter than it is to a TV. Another advantage of using your moniter is that it should have a far greater resolution than a TV which will aid in trying to point at small objects with the Wiimote.
    Last edited by stickey_label; 07-11-2006 at 11:42 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    I think u dont understand something... when u point the wii mote, u can point into the wall, it doesnt matter, the sensor bar will understand this information and make the respective action
    Correct me if im wrong

Name: Juan
    FC: 4253 0727 5993

No Asking For Rep

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    yeah, i get that, but like on a bigger tv it will be easier to point to a small item on the ground but for a smaller tv you would need to make sure you point it more precisly, right?

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    Quote Originally Posted by stickey_label
    Hi Mr Stoukaph,

How many inches is your computer moniter? Because the Wii will come standard with VGA output, so you will be able to play games on your moniter. So it should be easier to sit close to a moniter than it is to a TV. Another advantage of using your moniter is that it should have a far greater resolution than a TV which will aid in trying to point at small objects with the Wiimote.
    its about the same size as my tv but the higher resolution might help

Member #
    Friends
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stoukaph
    yeah, i get that, but like on a bigger tv it will be easier to point to a small item on the ground but for a smaller tv you would need to make sure you point it more precisly, right?
    no i dont think so cause either if u ddont have the tv the sensor bar will kknoe where the controller is so if there is a big, small, medium or any size tv it will work = for anyone. but i think playing on a bigger one is better

Name: Juan
    FC: 4253 0727 5993

No Asking For Rep

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    i guess this also goes with the "will you have calibrate the sensor bar" question. i think you would becaus it would need to know how big your tv was so it could know what you were pointing at.

Member #
    Friends
    7190-3324-3845-8331
    I think it might be kind of along the lines as if a DVD was "formatted to fit the screen," not all screen sizes are the same, but the technology in the DVD player unserstands how to send the signal. I think the Wii and the wiimote and sensor bar will just do sort of the same thing.

Wii, 2 Remotes, 2 Nunchucks, Classic Controller, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Zelda: TP, Resident Evil 4, Metal Slug Anthology, Guitar Hero III
    VC: Mario Bros, Mario Bros 3, Ninja Gaiden II, Sonic 2, Shinobi III, Soldier Blade, Blazing Lasers, Devil's Crush, Lords of Thunder, Harvest Moon, Super Metroid, Castlevania IV, Zelda: Link to the Past, F-Zero GX, Street Fighter II: Turbo, Axelay

Ads