+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: L. A. N.

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by ghghgh14702
    most likely the wifi will be like the DS were you can connect to each other without connecting to the internet, the ds has worked really well and it would be easiest to just improve slightly on the same technology that works than throw it out the window and start from scratch. I also heard the wiiconnect24 service will allow users without an internet connection to play multiplayer games and update system drivers and what not through the wifi.
    That's only if Nintendo deploys satilites that would give each Wii owner Internet access, and it's highly unlikely because of the massive cost of such a system.

That said, it would be awesome to be able to connect to the Internet anywhere and play against people, play/download VC games, and surf the Internet with the Opera Web Browser.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    sony better not be. with that expensive of a console it better be free
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Member #
    Friends
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    .. l.a.n... baybe not, i dont think nintendo can put lan, i think wifi is great how it is

Name: Juan
    FC: 4253 0727 5993

No Asking For Rep

Member #
    Friends
    yeah but I truly believe all they have to do is make the wiis connects with the wifi or blue tooth I'm not sure if it has it but that could be used as a connecting item instead of cables
    "I'm thinking ab getting metal legs its a risky procedure but I think its worth it"

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat
    That's only if Nintendo deploys satilites that would give each Wii owner Internet access, and it's highly unlikely because of the massive cost of such a system.

That said, it would be awesome to be able to connect to the Internet anywhere and play against people, play/download VC games, and surf the Internet with the Opera Web Browser.
    The idea is not the individual connecting to the internet, the whole connects to the internet from users with online and shares with everyone connected to that system. So you connect to other wii consoles not a satellite .
    If you never try you may never fail, but you will also never succeed.

Member #
    Friends
    I don't see why not, I mean if you can connect wirelessly to the router and therefore to other people around the world then it stands to reason you can instead connect to the console next to you instead. Even if you cant then the "All connect to the router then join the same game" approach would work also with great ms/latency as you're right next to each other.

Internet should be free also, all you're doing is using a free web-browser Opera, which I'm using atm, and connecting through the internet which you already pay for really Nintendo are giving you nothing extra for this, you don't get charged of microsoft or Apple etc when you surf the net with their computer.
    Owned: Wii, Sports, Play, LoZ:TP

Member #
    Friends
    i don't think you pay for internet connection for the ps3 because you can use it as a computer and that would be dumb if you have to pay ur IP for internet access and have to pay sony just to browse on the web

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    you might still have to. its sony...
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Member #
    Friends
    3498-5538-0554-5440
    This site has eveything to know about Wi-Fi on Wii. Nintendo pulled it off because someone leeked it but this is how it actually works.

"The Legend"

Member #
    Friends
    lol...but its most likely going to be free cuz the psp had free internet access

Ads