LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by nero81af
    (very very very thin and noticiable only with a very strong light on the dvd and only in particulars point of view that said without pointing the light with an appropriate angle there isn't any visible scratch
    It sounds like your alittle paranoid i did what you did, i looked at my games under strong like and i found starches but when i removed the like i could no longer see them from what you said in your post its lead me to believe that the starches are very minor and as long as theyre very minor you have nothing to worry about

2. Ads

WiiChat Member mothershipconnection's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    It's really easy to get TINY scratches in any disk that are visible under bright light. There's nothing to worry about until they start being readily apparent in normal lighting.

Member #
    Friends
    ok so if tiny scratch are normal made by the slot in driver I'll stop worring about my wii to be defective I will only clean the entrance with a soft brush.. that should be enough to avoid deep scratches thank you guys!

Member #
    Friends
    6188-0435-3585-1038
    I checked my discs and don't see any scratches.

But if this concerns you there is a product out called d_skins protective disc skins. It's a special sleeve that snaps on the disc and gives it a protective layer. If anything is going to scratch the disc it will scratch the skin instead. If this occurs at some point you can remove the d_skin and replace it with a new one. d_skins cost about 1.00 per skin, you can prolly get them cheaper in larger quanities I bought mine in a tin 5, for like $4.99.

I haven't used any on my Wii games, but I have one on my Gears of War disc and it works great. I usually put it on a disc before I lend it out to my bro.
    --Xbox 360
    --Wii
    --PS3
    --Game Whore

Member #
    Friends
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    My Wii Sports one has a lot of scratches, but I don't think I might worry about 'em...

Name: Juan
    FC: 4253 0727 5993

No Asking For Rep

Member #
    Friends
    8977-0087-6875-3601
    No scratches here either, even under extremely bright light..(Just for the record)

Edit: Ive even moved my Wii with the disc in... on more than one occasion.

Member #
    Friends
    Also i know video ezy offer a starch removal service for i think its a few $$ a disk its meant to remove starch's and dents from disk, although ive never tried this so im not sure how well it works but as long as the starches are minor there wont be problems.

Member #
    Friends
    6188-0435-3585-1038
    Quote Originally Posted by No Smoking
    Also i know video ezy offer a starch removal service for i think its a few $$ a disk its meant to remove starch's and dents from disk, although ive never tried this so im not sure how well it works but as long as the starches are minor there wont be problems.
    I have had my Full Auto game professionally resurfaced (scratch removal) by a local game store (Game Quest). Cost me like $12, it was like brand new after that but $12 is kinda steep. I definitely wouldn't want to have to do that more then once if ever. And most of those scratch removal machines they sell in stores are garbage and they can actually leave their own scratches. The machine that Game Quest uses cost a couple grand.

As for the scratches being minor, you'd have to ask yourself how many times have you put the disc in and out of your Wii, and in the future over the life of the game are those scratches gonna pile up and make the disc unreadable? If so I'd find out whats causing the scratches, even if it means Nintendo replaces your Wii.
    --Xbox 360
    --Wii
    --PS3
    --Game Whore

Member #
    Friends
    The scratches are probably caused by when he takes it out of the case and rubs the disk along the edges or it could have even come like that when the games are being made or in transport, there are alot of reasons i dont think you should just assume its the wiis fault as ive said before as long as the scratches stay minor and there arent alot of them there isnt much to worry about

Member #
    Friends
    nintendo told me that those lateral and straight scratches are normal for slot in drivers the black thing is made in carbonium fiber but little pieces of powder can just be on the disk.. and that is the cause of scratches..

however I belive that a lot of soft (very soft not visible in normal light)scratches do not cause harm.. A single deep scratch even very short however can cause the disk to not being readable.. so it's not a quantitative problem

Ads