LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Junior Member WiiLoveIt's Avatar
    Member #
    8721
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    How do I copy a file from Wii memory to an SD memory card?

    Hi,

    How do I copy a file (like "Wii Sports") from the Wii internal memory to an external SD memory card?

    I have a Nintendo SD memory card in my Wii but cannot figure out how to do it.

    I went under the "Data Management" section on my Wii & all you can look at is the Wii internal memory. There is no mention of the SD memory card (even though it is blank).

    And when I chose "Wii Sports" in the "Data Management" section it just asks me if I want to "Erase" & there is no mention of a "Copy" feature like the Wii Manual says...

    Do I need to "format" my SD memory card somehow?

    Is there something wrong with my Wii?

    Will someone please tell me, step by step, how to copy a file (like "Wii Sports") from my Wii internal memory to my SD memory card?

    I have never done it before.

    Thanks for the help.

  2. #2
    Pastafarian ocdan's Avatar
    Member #
    2322
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Oak Creek, Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,212
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    double posted read the one below
    If the Xbox 360 console falls and hits someone, especially a small child, it could cause serious injury.

  3. #3
    Pastafarian ocdan's Avatar
    Member #
    2322
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Oak Creek, Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,212
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    go to the settings, then go to memory, then Wii/sd card, and from there it will show your wii's memory and sd's memory, just click and copy...

    next time though, read up on the manual, it does wonders and saves time... not to mention anytime soon a flamer will stop by and pwn you harshly
    If the Xbox 360 console falls and hits someone, especially a small child, it could cause serious injury.

  4. #4
    Junior Member WiiLoveIt's Avatar
    Member #
    8721
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Hi,

    I first want to say that I did, in fact, read the manual over & over...

    But when I "go to the settings, then go to memory" there is no "Wii/sd card" -- Just a "Wii"...

    (If by settings you mean "Data Management")

    And also when I click on my "Wii Sports" file I just get an "Erase" option & NOT a "Copy" option like the Wii Manual states.

    Please help.

  5. #5
    Pastafarian ocdan's Avatar
    Member #
    2322
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Oak Creek, Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,212
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiLoveIt
    Hi,

    I first want to say that I did, in fact, read the manual over & over...

    But when I "go to the settings, then go to memory" there is no "Wii/sd card" -- Just a "Wii"...

    (If by settings you mean "Data Management")

    And also when I click on my "Wii Sports" file I just get an "Erase" option & NOT a "Copy" option like the Wii Manual states.

    Please help.
    do you have an sd card? what brand, cuz if so, you may have one of those brands that cant be detected, check out the nintendo site and do a search for SD cards, they have a list of what brands work
    If the Xbox 360 console falls and hits someone, especially a small child, it could cause serious injury.

  6. #6
    Junior Member WiiLoveIt's Avatar
    Member #
    8721
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Hi,

    I went to the Nintendo website & eventually found this -->

    "Copy Data to an SD Card
    Important note: To save Wii console data (such as saved games, Messages, etc.) you must first connect your Wii console online and download the System Update. For more information on connecting your Wii console online, please click here"

    I haven't connected my Wii online & don't see why I should have to to save game progress files to my Wii.

    GameCube never was that way...

    Is there any way around this?...

    Thanks for any help.

  7. #7
    Pastafarian ocdan's Avatar
    Member #
    2322
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Oak Creek, Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,212
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiLoveIt
    Hi,

    I went to the Nintendo website & eventually found this -->

    "Copy Data to an SD Card
    Important note: To save Wii console data (such as saved games, Messages, etc.) you must first connect your Wii console online and download the System Update. For more information on connecting your Wii console online, please click here"

    I haven't connected my Wii online & don't see why I should have to to save game progress files to my Wii.

    GameCube never was that way...

    Is there any way around this?...

    Thanks for any help.
    so wait, you dont want to save memory onto your wii? there is plenty of space, Legend of Zelda only takes up 1 block, and I so far have maybe 2066 blocks remaining and Ive got a few VC titles and 3 Wii game saves
    If the Xbox 360 console falls and hits someone, especially a small child, it could cause serious injury.

  8. #8
    Junior Member WiiLoveIt's Avatar
    Member #
    8721
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Hi,

    I would also like the option of saving files to an SD memory card too...

    I've had computers crash on me before & I was VERY glad that I had made backup files beforehand!!!

    Is there any way around visiting Nintendo online to activate the "Save on SD memory card" option?

    Thanks.

  9. #9
    Pastafarian ocdan's Avatar
    Member #
    2322
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Oak Creek, Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,212
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiLoveIt
    Hi,

    I would also like the option of saving files to an SD memory card too...

    I've had computers crash on me before & I was VERY glad that I had made backup files beforehand!!!

    Is there any way around visiting Nintendo online to activate the "Save on SD memory card" option?

    Thanks.
    you have to do it with an internet connection to the wii
    If the Xbox 360 console falls and hits someone, especially a small child, it could cause serious injury.

  10. #10
    im McLovin ericlewis91's Avatar
    Member #
    5567
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    London,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    2,293
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6031-8713-1077-8188
    it works...right click copy..go to sd and paste!
    iMac 2.4ghz Aluminum, 4GB iPhone, 12 iPods!

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Camera Memory card
    By Snozynoze in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 04:44 PM
  2. ? about internal memory & SD card
    By dirty305bo in forum Nintendo Wii Hardware
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 06:44 AM
  3. SD Memory card problem...
    By manxxutd in forum Nintendo Wii Hardware
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 11:54 AM
  4. Action Replay memory card backup with wii
    By troutt72x in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 04:18 PM
  5. Transfering VC games from Wii memory to a SD card
    By fewfirstchoice in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 05:08 PM

Search tags for this page

backup wii data sd card
,
backup wii internal memory
,

backup wii memory

,
copy wii sports to sd card
,
how to back up my wii with sd card
,
how to copy a file onto micro sd memory card
,
how to download wii sports online to sd card?
,
how to transfer a wii's interal memory
,
nintendo wii backup sd
,
state wii memory card format
,
wii copy to sd
,

wii memory card

Click on a term to search for related topics.