LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    lol im not an idiot i was doing controlled punches it still will do an uppercut when im trying to jab or w/e.... im following this guys "moves list" its seeming to work alot better now. but it is still off at times thanks anyway im gold on a training level now.

2. Ads

Add me and i'll add you! intekmdma's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0938-8888-9063-3805
    Quote Originally Posted by opstand
    Go here:

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/w...=933010&page=0

Read the first post, it will help you box. It made a huge difference in how I perceive this game. I used to think it was random too, but it's not. The moves just aren't a 1:1 mapping. Once you practice the motions a little, the boxing becomes a lot more fun.
    thanks for the link. I was having a hard time moving up the chain!

turbo'd wabbit

Member #
    Friends
    No problem, it's really helped me move up too. I've doubled my standing in the last couple days because of that link.

I have figured out though that while some of his moves work, they aren't the most intuitive. The big difference is with hooking. I think what determines a hook is that you are "hitting" your opponent with the bottom of the wiimote or nunchuck. He says hold the Wiimote and turn 90 degrees counter-clockwise with your right hand. That works, but what works best is if you punch, and while punching twist your wrist so that the back of the Wiimote is "hitting" the other guy. The angle of the Wiimote will determine if you hit high or low.

This works with the nunchuck too (which is harder because it's smaller) so I've been able to throw the full gamut of punches with both hands pretty accurately.

Member #
    Friends
    One issue that I didn't notice before reading a guide I found online was that there are 3 different strengths of punches. The stronger, the longer it takes for that arm to recover. While it's recovering, you can't use it. So, if you make a movement while it's still recovering, it'll seem like the games messed up, but it's just stopping the game from turning into a mad punch-as-fast-as-you-can fest.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by csiguy4u
    You probably suck because your swinging your remote like a mad-man. Try doing smooth, calm, precise movements and it works quite well.
    Boring!!
    Will You Put That Bloody Wrist Strap On!!!!

Can we have the Tv back now please, We would like to watch coronation street!!!

Member #
    Friends
    8743-2417-5197-3490
    I KO my foes (cpu and human alike) with a quick combination of punches to the face. I do that by swinging the wiimote and nunchuck as if they were maracas. (timing one punch just after another)
    largest combo was 6 straight hits (poor guy went KO on first round lol)

We call a friend of mine Jerry "Rib Breaker" Cruz just because somehow he just uses punches to the body (sometimes devastating)

So this proves the response of the motion sensor with wii boxing is not that bad. You just have to get the hang of it...

But I think that power punches and slow motion (bullet time like) are random as far as I know

Ads