LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wii Online Free

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii Online Free

Here's an exerpt from a USA today article interviewing NOA's new President. Very good news. Wii Online will cost you no money, no subscription, two thumbs up to Nintendo once again.

Q: A few years ago, Nintendo made a conscious decision to lie low when Microsoft introduced Xbox Live and began promoting its subscription online gaming service. In retrospect, does that look like a good decision?

A: I wasn't here. What I can tell you is the way we've approached online play now is really with a view to the masses. With Nintendo DS (a dual-screen handheld player), for example, we offer free Internet play in a wide-ranging series of games. Our focus is getting as many consumers to enjoy that online experience as possible. And we've done that.

Q: You're not pursuing a subscription model?

A: We view online gaming as essentially an enhanced way to enjoy the gaming experience and drive more sales of hardware and software.

Q: How do you extend your online strategy to Wii?

A: It's the same premise. We will offer online-enabled games that the consumers will not have to pay a subscription fee for. They'll be able to enjoy that right out of the box. The Wii console is going to be Wi-Fi enabled, so essentially, you'll be able to plug it in and go. It won't have hidden fees or costs.

Here's a link to the full article. ----> Article

Member #
    Friends
    4593-7031-2228-0033
    I thought we already knew that? Maybe I assumed it then and thanks for the article.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Thats_Wiidiculous
    I thought we already knew that? Maybe I assumed it then and thanks for the article.
    Yes, that was already know months ago. But it was a nice article compiling information that we've know for a while.

Ads