LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    The_Loose_Cannon
    my guess is that its like a computer, over time it can heat up and cause damage......ill remember not to use standby......actually, i had no idea it even had a standby mode on it i just automatically shut it off when im done using it (force of habit with video game systems i guess)

i agree with a vast majority of the people on giving nintendo a call....seeing as how these are pretty much BRAND NEW, they might take care of your problem....if not, then immediately take it to your retailer in which you purchased the item from and demand a new one.....maybe you got a defective one from the ware house? who knows.

either way i hope your problem does get resolved! best of luck

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0580-5365-4948-6572
    Hmmmmm, i'd say you've got an issue.......

WiiConnect24 has been on for me since Dec 7 launch here in Australia. I've used a laser temp gun to see what sort of temperatures the Wii gets to, and measuring all over the console (disc slot, underside, rear vent grate etc etc) i've never seen it hotter than 38.9 degrees and that was in the middle of the day when it was 30+ degrees outside and no aircon on inside.

Member #
    Friends
    when u use standby and want to turn it OFF without all the control menu things

just hold the off button on the console a few sec.

then it turns off and not standby

the next normal on / off will result in the standby again

Member #
    Friends
    I just got off with Nintendo CS. They asked me the usual questions (what was in it , how was it positioned etc...) and took down info and they said there going to send me a prepaid box to send the wii back to them for repair. They said itll take between 2-3 WEEKS to get the wii back! Rep also tried to discouarge me from taking it back to TRU for an exhange even though, I know they would exchange it and I would have gone if I hadn't downloaded all those virtual console games. Since I linked my purchases with "my nintendo" account; I am gonna try to link the account on my friend's wii and see if I could redownload them again ; If I could, I'll just go back and exchange it for another one. I'll update on how it goes. Thanks guys!

Member #
    Friends
    1484-3381-6098-3781
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii20
    I just got off with Nintendo CS. They asked me the usual questions (what was in it , how was it positioned etc...) and took down info and they said there going to send me a prepaid box to send the wii back to them for repair. They said itll take between 2-3 WEEKS to get the wii back! Rep also tried to discouarge me from taking it back to TRU for an exhange even though, I know they would exchange it and I would have gone if I hadn't downloaded all those virtual console games. Since I linked my purchases with "my nintendo" account; I am gonna try to link the account on my friend's wii and see if I could redownload them again ; If I could, I'll just go back and exchange it for another one. I'll update on how it goes. Thanks guys!
    Thanks for the update!

It's Wiitastic and PS3 can lick my balls, you can quote me on that if you like

1484-3381-6098-3781

"PM me your Wii number if you want to add me"

Member #
    Friends
    6869-6734-0136-4103
    I have had mine on standby since I got it without issue. It DID lock up once (the whole BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR thing.)

It is also warmer when in standby than on, but not hot enough for concern.

Got a cat? (my sony dvd player burned up once because a cat of mine slept next to it for about a month...hairy!)

Member #
    Friends
    ... how does that happen?
    Trespassers Will be shot, Survivors will be shot again.

Member #
    Friends
    I hate standby my system is hella warm even if its been 24 hours after playing! i unplug it every night. the reason why i do this is the same reason why i turn off my compouter for a while before gaming. a hot processor/gpu tends to effect gaming frame rates. is it safe to unplug it all the time?

Member #
    Friends
    1484-3381-6098-3781
    I wouldn't see a problem with it. Also one thing that I have noticed is that the power suppy in the Wii tends to get warm on it's own. Unplugging it every night would help it cool down but in reality it's pointless

It's Wiitastic and PS3 can lick my balls, you can quote me on that if you like

1484-3381-6098-3781

"PM me your Wii number if you want to add me"

Member #
    Friends
    7228-8695-6936-7573
    yeah, i like to recieve messages overnight, so i use standby, and as long as i dont experience MAJOR problems, i wouldnt do the unplug/plug thing. cause you'll wear out the powercord! xD
    Wii Are The Champions!
    Feel Free To say hi!

username:climbatiz
    wii friend code: 7228 8695 6936 7573

Ads