LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii and WPA2-PSK(AES) ??

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm hoping to find someone to help me out with a kind of irritating problem that I have with my Wi's internet connection.

First out, I bought a D-Link Di-524 a while back. I thought I would try it out with the Wii to get access to the internet, so I could download some VC-games and such. I want to secure my WLAN and both my router and Wii should support WPA2-PSK(AES), so I figured I should try it out to have a fairly secure WLAN. Only problem is that I can't connect from Wii using WPA2. I've tried to set it down to WPA and then it works just beautiful.

So now I thought I wanted to ask you guys in here what you think about this? How come there is no way of doing a connection test from the Wii successfully when using WPA2?

Member #
    Friends
    I have the same problem with WPA2 and I'm not allowed to change any settings because of my dad... but we keep our broadcast off and one day he turned it on and it worked fine but then he turned it back off and then it stopped working soo I suggest to keep your broadcast on and mybe try puttting your router on channel 1 or 11.

Gd luck... cuse i dont have any luck my dad a securaty freak Lol.

Member #
    Friends

WPA2 works fine for me...

I am running WPA2 network (AES) at home and the Wii picked up on it no problem. The speed became dramatically faster after I switched to channel 11, since there are multiple networks near me, and I suspect all my neighbors left their defaults (probably 6).

Member #
    Friends
    Try a firmware upgrade if you haven't already. I'm on a Linksys WRT54GS and I had no trouble using WPA2 with the Wii.

Ads