Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3085-1225-3534-6165

Loosing Internetconnecting when hide SSID

Hi,
    I have a comtrend 536+ (Jazztel, Spain) with 20MB bandwidth.
    When I hide the SSID I can not connect myself. I have it hidden for more security.
    So, I first must show the SSID, then connect the Wii, then hide the SSID again.... And everything works fine for 1,2,3... hours until (I believe) there is an interuption of the connection. Then to connect it again I have to do the same thing over again.
    I use WPA-TKIP/WPA2-TKIP (mixed) security.....
    Anybody has this before? And can tell me what to do....

Thx
    Signed.Johny
    Wii (was the first and only client and the first who bought it on launchday,9/12/2006, waited 10 minutes) 2 Extra Wiiremotes Plus + 2 Nunchakus + CLassic Game Controller + 1GB SD + WiiFit + GH + Band Rock (drum + Guitar) + 2 micros + Dj Hero + 2 Toy Story Zap Guns + Lasergun + Wifi Keyboard + Family Trainer + WiiBike
    Games: Too many to sum here

Member #
    Friends
    How did you connect the first time?

I've got my SSID hidden as well, but instead of having the Wii Find mine (unhide it first) and then hide it again, I've named mine something specific on the router.
    Then in the Wii Setup I tell it the name of the connection.

There shouldn't be any need to turn the SSID on to connect the Wii to it, You can manually enter the SSID name and that should do the trick.

Member #
    Friends
    3085-1225-3534-6165
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillipDD
    How did you connect the first time?

I've got my SSID hidden as well, but instead of having the Wii Find mine (unhide it first) and then hide it again, I've named mine something specific on the router.
    Then in the Wii Setup I tell it the name of the connection.

There shouldn't be any need to turn the SSID on to connect the Wii to it, You can manually enter the SSID name and that should do the trick.
    Hi PhillipDD,

I called my SSID on the router something. Than on the Wii I type that name, in the SSID part. Also I then put the password and thetype of protecion (WPA-TKIP,WPA2-TKIP,....) I don´t let the Wii scan the neighbourhood.
    So I give all the data to the Wii, it doesn´t search the router.
    But it can ONLY connects itself it the SSID is unhidden.
    Then when it connects I can Hide it again.... But I believe that when it disconnects itself, it will not find it again....
    Signed.Johny
    Wii (was the first and only client and the first who bought it on launchday,9/12/2006, waited 10 minutes) 2 Extra Wiiremotes Plus + 2 Nunchakus + CLassic Game Controller + 1GB SD + WiiFit + GH + Band Rock (drum + Guitar) + 2 micros + Dj Hero + 2 Toy Story Zap Guns + Lasergun + Wifi Keyboard + Family Trainer + WiiBike

Member #
    Friends
    3085-1225-3534-6165
    Problem is solved. I am writing this from my wii. I changed the security to Aes instead of Tkip. Aes is better security. now the connection is Ok.Thx for your response
    Signed.Johny

Ads