LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Dang Dongle

  1. #11
    WiiChat Member Wiieasel's Avatar
    Member #
    13954
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    N.I.
    Posts
    22
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Right, an update - I've managed to sort out the Internet Application Sharing Error. I've now got the drivers installed. In the Windows XP registration tool my Nintendo Wii's nickname has appeared and I've granted permission to connect. I've then tested the connection on my Wii and I once again get the error 51340. What the heck do I do now? Can someone please help me with this. Thanks.
    pop goes the Wiieasel

  2. #12
    WiiMaster csiguy4u's Avatar
    Member #
    2738
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    1,174
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Buy a wireless router.

  3. #13
    11.19.06 tuned's Avatar
    Member #
    87
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
    Posts
    324
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    It's definitely a system conflict, preventing the software install. I've installed these before, they're simple plug and play... assuming you have a general understanding on the proper way to install peripherals. Most mfr's recommend you install the software first, and then plug in the device, sometimes mid-install for for mfr's software to ensure the device works properly. So if you've already plugged in the adapter before installing it, unplug it, uninstall the software, reboot and properly reinstall it. If the software install messes up, no setting in the world will make that work (your not a programmer right...? ) Keep us updated.
    WiiSports (obviously) / Redsteel / Excite Truck / TC:SO / Rayman RR / Wii Play / Sonic and the Secret Rings / Mad Catz Skinz

  4. #14
    WiiChat Member Wiieasel's Avatar
    Member #
    13954
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    N.I.
    Posts
    22
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by tuned
    It's definitely a system conflict, preventing the software install. I've installed these before, they're simple plug and play... assuming you have a general understanding on the proper way to install peripherals. Most mfr's recommend you install the software first, and then plug in the device, sometimes mid-install for for mfr's software to ensure the device works properly. So if you've already plugged in the adapter before installing it, unplug it, uninstall the software, reboot and properly reinstall it. If the software install messes up, no setting in the world will make that work (your not a programmer right...? ) Keep us updated.
    Ok, I feel I've done everything under the sun to make this thing work. The latest drivers are installed and I'm plugging in the dongle when it prompts me too. Setup is then complete and my Wii's nickname is appearing on the windows xp registration tool. I'm granting it permission to connect. Then when I run the connection test I keep getting error code 51340. I've done what Nintendo say to do when that error code appears and still nothing works. So I'm at a loss here guys. Is my router (a BT Voyager 205 ADSL) not compatible with Wii Online or what's the deal here? A whole Saturday wasted trying to get this freakin' thing to work! 51340, 51340, 51340 - come on somebody has to know the answer to this error code?!
    Last edited by Wiieasel; 01-27-2007 at 11:00 AM.
    pop goes the Wiieasel

  5. #15
    WiiMaster csiguy4u's Avatar
    Member #
    2738
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    1,174
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiieasel
    Ok, I feel I've done everything under the sun to make this thing work. The latest drivers are installed and I'm plugging in the dongle when it prompts me too. Setup is then complete and my Wii's nickname is appearing on the windows xp registration tool. I'm granting it permission to connect. Then when I run the connection test I keep getting error code 51340. I've done what Nintendo say to do when that error code appears and still nothing works. So I'm at a loss here guys. Is my router (a BT Voyager 205 ADSL) not compatible with Wii Online or what's the deal here? A whole Saturday wasted trying to get this freakin' thing to work! 51340, 51340, 51340 - come on somebody has to know the answer to this error code?!
    Did you try buying a new ADSL Wireless router? That should solve your problems.

  6. #16
    WiiChat Member Wiieasel's Avatar
    Member #
    13954
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    N.I.
    Posts
    22
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by csiguy4u
    Did you try buying a new ADSL Wireless router? That should solve your problems.
    You know, I didn't/don't want to have to do that. Friggin' Nintendo and their dodgy products. Ninty never used to be like this.
    pop goes the Wiieasel

  7. #17
    WiiMaster csiguy4u's Avatar
    Member #
    2738
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    1,174
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiieasel
    You know, I didn't/don't want to have to do that. Friggin' Nintendo and their dodgy products. Ninty never used to be like this.
    Here's another option:

    http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802615

  8. #18
    WiiChat Member Wiieasel's Avatar
    Member #
    13954
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    N.I.
    Posts
    22
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by csiguy4u
    That's worth considering, thanks, man.
    pop goes the Wiieasel

  9. #19
    WiiChat Member Wiieasel's Avatar
    Member #
    13954
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    N.I.
    Posts
    22
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I've just been trying to connect again and another different error code has come up. I don't know what it was because I couldn't be bothered to store it in my memory or write it down anymore.
    pop goes the Wiieasel

  10. #20
    WiiChat Member Wiieasel's Avatar
    Member #
    13954
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    N.I.
    Posts
    22
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Today I got into my routers settings and disabled the routers built in firewall. As well as that I have Norton Internet Security disabled and Windows Firewall disabled. And still I continue to get error code 51340.
    pop goes the Wiieasel

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. So Dongle or Lan adapter.
    By Inexxa in forum Nintendo Wii Online
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 01:59 PM
  2. does anyone use USB wifi dongle?
    By salad82 in forum Nintendo Wii Online
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 09:08 PM
  3. Nintendo Wifi USB Dongle Help
    By Schmapdi in forum Nintendo Wii Online
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 04:48 PM
  4. Usb Dongle
    By Wii17 in forum Nintendo Wii Hardware
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-24-2006, 09:44 PM
  5. Wii and USB WiFi Dongle
    By Jdoki in forum Nintendo Wii Online
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 09:37 AM

Search tags for this page

nintendo norton internet security error

,

nintendo wifi usb connector install halfway

,

nintendo wii drivers dongle

Click on a term to search for related topics.