LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dang Dongle

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Right, an update - I've managed to sort out the Internet Application Sharing Error. I've now got the drivers installed. In the Windows XP registration tool my Nintendo Wii's nickname has appeared and I've granted permission to connect. I've then tested the connection on my Wii and I once again get the error 51340. What the heck do I do now? Can someone please help me with this. Thanks.
    pop goes the Wiieasel

Member #
    Friends
    Buy a wireless router.

Member #
    Friends
    It's definitely a system conflict, preventing the software install. I've installed these before, they're simple plug and play... assuming you have a general understanding on the proper way to install peripherals. Most mfr's recommend you install the software first, and then plug in the device, sometimes mid-install for for mfr's software to ensure the device works properly. So if you've already plugged in the adapter before installing it, unplug it, uninstall the software, reboot and properly reinstall it. If the software install messes up, no setting in the world will make that work (your not a programmer right...? ) Keep us updated.
    WiiSports (obviously) / Redsteel / Excite Truck / TC:SO / Rayman RR / Wii Play / Sonic and the Secret Rings / Mad Catz Skinz

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by tuned
    It's definitely a system conflict, preventing the software install. I've installed these before, they're simple plug and play... assuming you have a general understanding on the proper way to install peripherals. Most mfr's recommend you install the software first, and then plug in the device, sometimes mid-install for for mfr's software to ensure the device works properly. So if you've already plugged in the adapter before installing it, unplug it, uninstall the software, reboot and properly reinstall it. If the software install messes up, no setting in the world will make that work (your not a programmer right...? ) Keep us updated.
    Ok, I feel I've done everything under the sun to make this thing work. The latest drivers are installed and I'm plugging in the dongle when it prompts me too. Setup is then complete and my Wii's nickname is appearing on the windows xp registration tool. I'm granting it permission to connect. Then when I run the connection test I keep getting error code 51340. I've done what Nintendo say to do when that error code appears and still nothing works. So I'm at a loss here guys. Is my router (a BT Voyager 205 ADSL) not compatible with Wii Online or what's the deal here? A whole Saturday wasted trying to get this freakin' thing to work! 51340, 51340, 51340 - come on somebody has to know the answer to this error code?!
    Last edited by Wiieasel; 01-27-2007 at 11:00 AM.
    pop goes the Wiieasel

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiieasel
    Ok, I feel I've done everything under the sun to make this thing work. The latest drivers are installed and I'm plugging in the dongle when it prompts me too. Setup is then complete and my Wii's nickname is appearing on the windows xp registration tool. I'm granting it permission to connect. Then when I run the connection test I keep getting error code 51340. I've done what Nintendo say to do when that error code appears and still nothing works. So I'm at a loss here guys. Is my router (a BT Voyager 205 ADSL) not compatible with Wii Online or what's the deal here? A whole Saturday wasted trying to get this freakin' thing to work! 51340, 51340, 51340 - come on somebody has to know the answer to this error code?!
    Did you try buying a new ADSL Wireless router? That should solve your problems.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by csiguy4u
    Did you try buying a new ADSL Wireless router? That should solve your problems.
    You know, I didn't/don't want to have to do that. Friggin' Nintendo and their dodgy products. Ninty never used to be like this.
    pop goes the Wiieasel

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiieasel
    You know, I didn't/don't want to have to do that. Friggin' Nintendo and their dodgy products. Ninty never used to be like this.
    Here's another option:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802615

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by csiguy4u
    That's worth considering, thanks, man.
    pop goes the Wiieasel

Member #
    Friends
    I've just been trying to connect again and another different error code has come up. I don't know what it was because I couldn't be bothered to store it in my memory or write it down anymore.
    pop goes the Wiieasel

Member #
    Friends
    Today I got into my routers settings and disabled the routers built in firewall. As well as that I have Norton Internet Security disabled and Windows Firewall disabled. And still I continue to get error code 51340.
    pop goes the Wiieasel

Ads