LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    yes wut he said... yeah u just connect it to ur modem and BOOM u got wirless internet. u can connect other computers/laptops. psp. wii.
    I GOT A WII!!Feb 10th
    Proud Owner Of:
    Wii (IN HD WOOT!) Madden 07, Extra Controller and Nunchuck, Wii sports, COD3, Borrowing Zelda from friend, SSX Blur, Raymond Raving Rabbids

Member #
    Friends
    ok im not very good with this sort of stuff i have basic knowledge but that is it. I have a linksys wireless router and an NTL modem (ntl:250) if someone could dumb down an explaination that would be great. Thanks

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/article/...roadband-modem My NTL Modem

The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    I have my Wii right next to my PC. Nothing better than being able to listen to movies while working, and playing video games while rendering or eating food. Never eat near your comp!
    youve got the same set up as i do! LMAO! too funny! and no, never put a glass of liquor next to your laptop and then knock it over while playing the wii!!! lucky for me i havent done that yet!

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyb900
    ok im not very good with this sort of stuff i have basic knowledge but that is it. I have a linksys wireless router and an NTL modem (ntl:250) if someone could dumb down an explaination that would be great. Thanks

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/article/...roadband-modem My NTL Modem
    Sorry that it is separated into 3 different images, I tried to put them all as 1 but the program I use to edit pictures dosen't work very well, anyway

So i'm guessing that your current setup is like in number 1? (cable modem plugged directly into the back of your computer), if everything is hooked up correctly, it should look like number 2, follow your directions that some with the router, it may tell you to run off a CD that it comes with, do so, once it is finished setting up, it should look similar to this

on the back of the router should be a WAN port and 4 network ports

after you have everything set up, type in the IP for your router into your favroite interent browser, some common router login IPs are

the normal IP for Linksys brand routers is 192.168.1.1 if it is a linksys click here to log in, a dialog box should come up, some routers like BELKIN routers don't use a dialog box for logging in, but others like Linksys do, look in your directions for your username and password to log in, the common login for Linksys routers is

Username:-blank-
    Password:admin

if you logged in correctly, a page similar to this should show up

go in and change the needed settings, have it successfully save the new settings, and click out of the window, some common settings that you might need to set up the Wii are

-Change wireless channel to 1
    -Set wireless option to wireless B&G mixed
    -Change the SSID to something like a last name or a favroite word, the SSID is what tells you what network you are logging into

Read the router's directions for more information, after you have completed all of the setup and settings, go through the wireless setup on the Wii, do a connection test (don't update yet), open shop channel multiple times, make sure you have no connection errors, if you do, chances are there is an incorrect setting on the router, if you log into shop channel multiple times with no problem, do a connection test again and update

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by gamechaser001
    Sorry that it is separated into 3 different images, I tried to put them all as 1 but the program I use to edit pictures dosen't work very well, anyway

So i'm guessing that your current setup is like in number 1? (cable modem plugged directly into the back of your computer), if everything is hooked up correctly, it should look like number 2, follow your directions that some with the router, it may tell you to run off a CD that it comes with, do so, once it is finished setting up, it should look similar to this

on the back of the router should be a WAN port and 4 network ports

after you have everything set up, type in the IP for your router into your favroite interent browser, some common router login IPs are

the normal IP for Linksys brand routers is 192.168.1.1 if it is a linksys click here to log in, a dialog box should come up, some routers like BELKIN routers don't use a dialog box for logging in, but others like Linksys do, look in your directions for your username and password to log in, the common login for Linksys routers is

Username:-blank-
    Password:admin

if you logged in correctly, a page similar to this should show up

go in and change the needed settings, have it successfully save the new settings, and click out of the window, some common settings that you might need to set up the Wii are

-Change wireless channel to 1
    -Set wireless option to wireless B&G mixed
    -Change the SSID to something like a last name or a favroite word, the SSID is what tells you what network you are logging into

Read the router's directions for more information, after you have completed all of the setup and settings, go through the wireless setup on the Wii, do a connection test (don't update yet), open shop channel multiple times, make sure you have no connection errors, if you do, chances are there is an incorrect setting on the router, if you log into shop channel multiple times with no problem, do a connection test again and update
    wanna have my friend code? JKJKJKJKJKJKJ HEHEHHE ID ON"TEOH VHAEVJ AHV AWIIII I DON"T HAV E A WII SDLFJLWEJOFEHWOFWEOIJFWEOJFWE
    I GOT A WII!!Feb 10th
    Proud Owner Of:
    Wii (IN HD WOOT!) Madden 07, Extra Controller and Nunchuck, Wii sports, COD3, Borrowing Zelda from friend, SSX Blur, Raymond Raving Rabbids

Member #
    Friends
    5935-0595-2673-3600
    I thought next-gen systems only supported Cable modems..... Thats what it says on their online help site.....

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks so much. Im gonna get a new router this weekend cause the one i have atm doesnt have any of that stuff on the back it just has on slot and that if for the usb connection to the pc.

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpMeGetWii
    wanna have my friend code? JKJKJKJKJKJKJ HEHEHHE ID ON"TEOH VHAEVJ AHV AWIIII I DON"T HAV E A WII SDLFJLWEJOFEHWOFWEOIJFWEOJFWE
    Hmm, your username is HelpMeGetWii, you say you don't have a Wii, um, the first word that comes to mind is, DUH, and my answer wasn't pointed to you anyway, so why you quoted it and asked me if I wanted your nonexistant Wii friend code (I say nonexistant since you don't even have a Wii), well, just quoting my post without an opinion based on the long quote itself, I think, is a waste of valuble posing space, but of course this is only my opinion, but I don't think it was such a great idea

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom
    I thought next-gen systems only supported Cable modems..... Thats what it says on their online help site.....
    well, as far as I know, it will work on any high speed connection, meaning if you use dial-up and convert it to a wireless signal, i'm sure there would be a massive speed issue, but if you use DSL, T1, or satellite, it should work, after all, my dad has DSL at his office and I used my PSP on it with no problems, but out of the 4, cable is the fastest, so cable would be the best bet anyway

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyb900
    Thanks so much. Im gonna get a new router this weekend cause the one i have atm doesnt have any of that stuff on the back it just has on slot and that if for the usb connection to the pc.
    no prob, it's what I do

Ads