Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Mari0
    i have the driver disk for mine, it's actually the size of a gamecube disc. I wonder what might happen if I was to put it in.
    It wouldn't hurt it, the worst that will happen is it won't read, I think that might happen, I don't think there is a Wii compatible driver on it

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

Member #
    Friends
    it wont read it..

that disc will have been made for a standard cd/dvd rom drive (ie in a pc) so the drivers on there will be for the pc only, plus the wii reads discs from the outside-in, so it most likely wouldnt be able to read it anyways..

an update wont sort it, the update needs to be downloaded, how would they expect you to download an update to allow you to connect? it doesnt make sense..

you would need to get a replacement adapter. i noticed you got yours from newegg, thats one of the places i read alot of people had compatability issues with them adapters

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryT85
    it wont read it..

that disc will have been made for a standard cd/dvd rom drive (ie in a pc) so the drivers on there will be for the pc only, plus the wii reads discs from the outside-in, so it most likely wouldnt be able to read it anyways..

an update wont sort it, the update needs to be downloaded, how would they expect you to download an update to allow you to connect? it doesnt make sense..

you would need to get a replacement adapter. i noticed you got yours from newegg, thats one of the places i read alot of people had compatability issues with them adapters
    Yeah, I never knew that Wii read discs from the outside in, but the Wii being entirely different than a computer, the driver on that CD would be interensting to me if it worked on the Wii, usually when they ship hardware, the driver CD only works on a computer, and sometimes only for a specific OS, like Windows only, Linix/Unix only, Mac only drivers, but i'd doubt a Wii driver, and if the disc gets read the opposite way, that would make things harder, and that would be why it dosen't read audio CDs, as for sticking the disc inside the Wii, that's the worst that will happen, A burned a pocket disc once of a file I found online, it couldn't read the data that was on the disc (obviously, bad move on my part), but the drive itself can still handle the size of the disc, i'm not sure what it would do with a business card CD (the ones shaped like a rectangle or like a mini CD with the top and the bottom cut off), it would be pretty cool if it did work, then we could figure out a way to code and burn for a Wii and create Wii launchable discs, that would be sweet

As for the update part, updating for an internet connection driver from an internet connection really isn't that uncommon, if it's a driver issue, and the converter was supposed to work on a Wii, but requires drivers, the only way to get to the drivers is to update the Wii, and the only way to do that is to find a wireless connection, that is unless you got the Nintendo one then, then what is the point of trying out the other one?

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Here's a page that should help you fix your problem

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sys...0420-50422.jsp

Maybe you plugged it in at the wrong time

Member #
    Friends
    i'm wireless and my wii isent picking my signal up even when i have directly next to it, and i really want to go online si help plzz !!!!!!! ............

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by gamechaser001
    then we could figure out a way to code and burn for a Wii and create Wii launchable discs, that would be sweet
    or called 'piracy'

Member #
    Friends
    1245-3090-3739-7607
    Hey I actually went out and bought the Nintendo Wifi thing-a-ma-bob and has issues with it at first. But I got it working. I wouldn't recommend it, I actually returned it and since I had issues with it, called Nintendo for tech support, and I wound up Buying an Offical Nintendo Lan adapter from them for cheaper than the 3rd Party one that is in Stores.

https://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...y=ProductCheck

With Shipping it came to $31.18 I think, which is still a few dollars cheaper than the 3rd paty, and it's warranteed by Nintendo.
    Friend Code: 1245 3090 3739 7607
    PM me if you Want to be a Friend!

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryT85
    or called 'piracy'
    If you take a game and copy it without paying for that media originally is piracy, but it all depends on the media, what I meant is like homebrew, where we cam make a our own games that we can play on the Wii/Gamecube, not copied games

Member #
    Friends
    6390-2874-0535-4544
    Normally this doesn't work.
    But on rare occaisions it does.
    Like with the ethernet to usb.

Well do you?

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by redsteel07
    i'm wireless and my wii isent picking my signal up even when i have directly next to it, and i really want to go online si help plzz !!!!!!! ............
    set wireless channel to 1, set wireless mode to wireless B&G mixed, if you still don't get a good connection, your wireless router could have transmitting problems, if you use a computer and the computer works fine, the wireless card in the Wii may have problems, if so, Call Nintendo Tech support

Ads