LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Speedtouch 330 and Wii?

Well i want to temporarily connect my Wii to the internet, but have no WiFi USB connection, or network. I was wondering if i could use my Speedtouch 330 which connects directly from the phone line to the computer using USB. Would it not work if i just unplugged the USB off the computer that normally uses it and plugged it into the USB on the wii and use it?

I'm a bit of a n00b

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    no it won't, for a couple reasons.

#1, the Wii has no way to authenticate with your DSL service. if you are hooked up via USB to your computer, you probably have a "sign in" you do when you want to go online, this sends your username and password to your internet provider so you can sign in. The wii can't do this. Routers can do this, but you'll have to get a new DSL modem from your provider that has an ethernet port on it, or check if your existing one has ethernet too.

#2) When you hook something up via USB you need drivers, and there are no Wii drivers for any non-nintendo sanctioned device.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    You could get a router and run an ethernet cable from your computer to the router. Or you could just buy one of the Nintendo wireless usb things.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    Ahh well i'll get a router then, best suits my situation, Would anyone one recommend one? Needs to be both wireless and wired. thxs i didn't want to go shoving random bit into my wii.

Member #
    Friends
    I would heavily reccomend asking your DSL provider for a modem that has ethernet if your current one does not also have that port.
    Running USB to the computer, then to a router after that is a headache, requires your computer be on whenever you want to use the Wii online.

Most DSL providers will give you a different modem free of charge if you are renting it, then you just need to buy the wireless router.

Get an ethernet DSL modem, plug it into the router, and your computer into the router. You won't even have to sign in to use your DSL anymore, as the router will handle this automatically for you.

Ads