Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    thats the only thing... now im using the nintendo wifi.. doesnt give you much options on what you can do with it... just basic connected or not... im gonna give it a shot.. but anyone who does have a lan adapter hooked up to there wii instead of using the wifi.. let me know and we can give this a try... has nothing to do with the memory of the wii... just toss in your normall gamecube memory card,controllers and hook up the lan adapter from there your computer and the pipeline program will connect the lan party... im gonna have to bust out the wifimax usb adapter again and try that i had more options with it and it will probably give me the addy for the wii i dont see why it would be a problem.. except maybe speed wise...

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Any updates on this? I'm VERY interested.

Member #
    Friends
    Ditto, does anyone have any updates?

Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    we just need someone with a lan adapter wii and double dash i could find out really quick if it works

Member #
    Friends
    Are you guys sure that it wouldnt just work with the wifi. Its still an internet connection. This would be a cool idea if somone can test it.

Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    we can try that too.. anyone who has double dash just im me ill send you the link to the site were you can download the lan party program... it might work just fine... i just dont know if the wifi is also connected to the GameCube part of the wii.. or if the GameCube part could even do anything with a wifi connection... ill try it on mine when i get home just not sure...

Member #
    Friends
    6802-1957-0706-3965
    Quote Originally Posted by viperjason
    Since the Wii pretty much supports all gamecube features, do you think it also supports lan multiplayer?

I'm wondering because I'm thinking about buying Mario Kart for the GameCube and I want to know how it will work with the LAN functionality on the Wii....
    I doubt it

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    we can try that too.. anyone who has double dash just im me ill send you the link to the site were you can download the lan party program... it might work just fine... i just dont know if the wifi is also connected to the GameCube part of the wii.. or if the GameCube part could even do anything with a wifi connection... ill try it on mine when i get home just not sure...
    The wifi won't work. As far as double dash is concerned, it is just being played on a gamecube so it wouldn't recognize the wireless. It might work with a LAN adaptor however.

Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    i know lan adapter would work.. there is a good handful of lan games for GC and i doubt wii would loose that fuction in the cross over.. as for wireless im not sure... would be a good question for nintendo.com unless the GC part of the system is completely disconnected from the wifi fuction if not im sure that there is a way for it to work might need a system update first before it does... the speed however could be a big problem

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    i know lan adapter would work.. there is a good handful of lan games for GC and i doubt wii would loose that fuction in the cross over.. as for wireless im not sure... would be a good question for nintendo.com unless the GC part of the system is completely disconnected from the wifi fuction if not im sure that there is a way for it to work might need a system update first before it does... the speed however could be a big problem
    I agree that the LAN adapter might work, but without a system update, the wifi won't. Mario Kart thinks it is on a gamecube and is searching for the ethernet adapter so it won't even know what the wifi is. A system update would only work if it can make gamecube titles think the wifi is the ethernet adapter.

Ads