LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Using A Wii to connect A DS to the internet

Maybe this is a dumb question, but while reading up on the Wii's internet functionality, I noticed that all you need is a wireless router, which I have. Whereas, the Nintendo DS requires a wireless router but also Windows XP, which is unfortunate as I use a Mac. So is it possible to connect to the internet with your DS through your Wii?

2. Ads

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Eratos
    Maybe this is a dumb question, but while reading up on the Wii's internet functionality, I noticed that all you need is a wireless router, which I have. Whereas, the Nintendo DS requires a wireless router but also Windows XP, which is unfortunate as I use a Mac. So is it possible to connect to the internet with your DS through your Wii?
    DS online doesn't need Windows. You can use your wireless router for your DS.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er

You can? Then I guess this was a really dumb question. Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate it.

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er
    You can? Then I guess this was a really dumb question. Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate it.
    Yeah, you don't need windows XP to connect a DS, you don't even need a computer to connect your DS to a wireless router, but you would need a computer to configure the router, which mac can do just fine, I think you just can't use auto-login software, you have to use the router's IP, sometimes I use my PSP to configure my router though, so I guess you really don't need a computer, the only thing that requires Windows XP is if you got the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection dongle for your computer, not a router

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

Member #
    Friends

Since his original question wasn't answered I'd like to repeat it. Is it possible to connect a ds through the wii? I don't have wireless at home and the wii is connected via a wired router. I'd prefer to avoid forking out the cash on a wifi plugin for the pc or router just so I can go online with my ds.

Member #
    Friends
    As far as I have tried connecting the ds through the wii doesn't work. The problem is that the wii does not allow its wireless to be usewd as a hub connection so only it can use it nothing else. This could change with future updates or somebody finding away around that. If anyone has found a way please tell cause if there is one i am stumbed at it.
    "There is you place, Stay there"

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    I'm pretty sure that you can't do it as of now. There could be a hack in the future that allows it though.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Ads