LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hot-Shot Extraordinaire. Subarctic91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    What exactly do I need to connect my Wii to the internet without the Wifi USB?:S

I. Am. The. Ownage.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by shift_andrew
    Is the firewall on your computer ZoneAlarm? The WiFi USB connector isn't compatible with ZoneAlarm firewalls, according to the Nintendo troubleshooting. In fact, if you have ZoneAlarm you can't just turn it off, you have to completely uninstall it. That fixed all my problems, just got a different firewall.

wait a minute OBJECTION there is a contridiction in your statement i have the usb connector and zone alarm and it dont work when i have it on but when i turn it off it works u dont need to uninstall it!!!

Currently hating my Wii. xEndlessx's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I've been having the same problems.. And I'm interested in what Shinji said, but I seem to be having problems with Steps 1&2. I can go to start, click Run.. though I'm not quite sure what "cmd" means. Anyways I entered /ipconfig/all ..nothing happened. Could you use a bit more detail, Shinji? Thanks so much. :]

Currently hating my Wii. xEndlessx's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Nevermind. I've followed the instructions all the same, tried to connect my wii and I received the same error code again: 52140 again. I just don't know what to do! I removed my firewalls, I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice correctly. The connections are working just fine here on my computer but my wii just does NOT want to connect! Can anyone help me??

Member #
    Friends
    xEndlessx. Seriously, don't bother with the N's USB WiFi connector. Go to any local store which carries Linksys, Dlink, Netgear or even Belkin and just buy one of their $30-50us WiFi-G routers.

Plug your cable/dsl modem into the router's WAN (as in Wide Area Network, not Wireless...) port. Next plug your PC into one of the 4 LAN (local) ports.

Unplug the power to your modem, plug the power into the router and then power into the modem.

Now your router will get the Internet IP from your provider and it will give your PC and any WiFi devices their IPs.

I do suggest you read the manual or CD docs about how to.
    1. Change the router's default password.
    2. Not broadcast your SSID.
    3. Configure WPA encryption (or if you have a DS1 you need to use WEP )
    4. Enable and configure MAC Filtering. This way only the devices YOU chose will be allowed to access your router for a network connection.

It sounds harder than it is, but it's the smart/safe thing to do.

If you get a Linksys router, pm me an email address and I'll send you a doc I give to clients and students on how to configure all that.
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Ads