Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Connection Help

How do ya want your Doom? doomstress's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2808-0809-0447-4287
    If anyone is having a problem and using a Netgear router, this is the guide I used to get online. It was intended for DS but they are basically the same thing: Wireless Netgear Router and Nintendo DS

Member #
    Friends
    6278-1240-3243-3822
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilxier
    Raze are you possibly using DSL???

cause DSL requires a login/Pass when you connect and you can't put that in your Wii... you have to manually put that info into your router.

that might be your problem (it was mine for about 20 minutes lol)
    Just to clearify this a bit more. DSL does not require a Username/Pass, PPPOE DSL requires a username/pass. If you have PPPOE DSL you will need a router of some sort to handle the PPPOE. Then that device (wireless or wired) sends DHCP address to the Wii. If you have regular DHCP DSL then you could plug your DSL modem straight into your Wii and it would handle the DHCP, But then the Wii would be the ONLY thing connecting to your DSL.

I wish I would have writen down the codes so I could help but I was getting an error connecting to my Netgear router. It would collect all my WEP info and then fail on test. I believe I was using the wrong WEP info though. I had to log into my router and get my WEP key and plug that into the Wii. After that no problem.

For Raze origional post:

Quote Originally Posted by fuseman13
    Raze, you may also want to make sure you put your WEP key in correctly. All Caps is typically what you have to do on a Linksys. It is case sensitive.
    That is a great place to start.

-Bobby
    Last edited by bobby1211; 11-24-2006 at 01:53 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    3158-4106-4934-1769
    I was able to get my Wii and my Westell Versalink dsl modem/router 2-in-1 thing to recognize each other right away. The Wii found the network and I plugged in the WEP key. It took a few tries to get the update to complete, but eventually it worked. However, after that I couldn't connect to the Shopping Channel. Wednesday, it actually worked great and I was able to check out all the virtual games for sale. Sadly, that was the only time it worked. And I didn't even buy anything!!

What I'm wondering is, why is everyone getting replacement systems??? I just assumed that Nintendo would release an update when these errors are fixed, er sumthin. Does anyone know if that's the case or not? It'll be so sad if I have to trade my Wii... We just formed our bond!

Member #
    Friends
    I received my new WII today and it goes online. But when I try to copy my saved games from my SD card to my new WII it blocks me. So I get to go through a new annoyance with this. It seems that you cannot transfer saved games from one WII to another...fun

Member #
    Friends
    I'm getting an error code 52230 "Unable to connect to the server" However I know my wii is pulling an IP as I can ping it.

Config: linksys WCG200 ver.2 802.11b/g channel 6. My network uses mac authentication and I do have the wii mac address properly entered.

Member #
    Friends
    i get the same error, 52230, i tried changing the channel to both 1 and 11, but the only difference was i got error 52231 once.

if u figure this out, please let me know

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Link428
    i get the same error, 52230, i tried changing the channel to both 1 and 11, but the only difference was i got error 52231 once.

if u figure this out, please let me know
    It's looking like this is a firewall issue. When I turn the firewall off, I'm able to connect to the internet. Putting the Wii in the DMZ doesnt seem to help any though. Honestly, needing a direct internet connection is a defect as far as I'm concerned. I'm looking into what the Wii is doing with that unlimited connection and will hopefully have a more complete answer in the future.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm getting error code 52730.

I can connect to my wireless router, but the problem is...it says that another device is on the same ip address.

So I followed THESE instructions off the Nintendo website and it said to add 10 to the end of my ip. I did that and I'm still getting the same error message.

Any ideas?

Member #
    Friends
    What Router do you have?

Member #
    Friends
    Im getting error code 050420. It says please confirm Internet settings. The thing that confuses me is I can download updates and things. I just can't connect to the Store Channel. I have a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Ads