LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    WiiChat Member mark84's Avatar
    Member #
    24590
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    114
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Connection Speed

    Does anyone elses wii get a poor connection speed? I noticed it when i tryed to load a video on youtube that i'd ben watching on the PC earlier, on the PC it loaded up much quicker than it was played, however the wii kept catching up with the download. When i checked how fast the wii was dl'ing stuff at it said it was only hitting around 350kbps, and its upload speed was a poor 150ish. I just wonder whats the reason for this, its much slower than the PC's on the network, is it perhaps because of processing reasons - the wii's limited memory room that is "slowing" the connection down maybe?
    I'm curious, I'm hoping these speeds will be fine for strikers charged, cos they seem slow to me! Thankyou

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    honesty is my only excuse FR3344LL's Avatar
    Member #
    24200
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    WV8
    Posts
    253
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    hi

    it's more likely to be due to the Wii's inferior memory management. remember a pc can use it's hdd to "cache" information more efficiently than the Wii can with it's fairly small 512MB of flash memory.
    Ste

  4. #3
    adf3424sdff
    Guest adf3424sdff's Avatar
    Same thing as guy above.

    If you want to join the wiichat strikers charged tournement then click the link in my signature

    lee

  5. #4
    WiiChat Member mark84's Avatar
    Member #
    24590
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    114
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by lee.jarratt
    Same thing as guy above.

    If you want to join the wiichat strikers charged tournement then click the link in my signature

    lee

    Thanks FR33 and Lee (i'm a poet i just dont know it).
    Yeah Lee, i'd love to join the tournement, i'm having a slight cash flow problem at the moment as they say, should be able to get it in the next couple of weeks assuming there's plenty in stock so i'll confirm then I cant wait for it, i've spent way too long watching the same youtube clips over and over again!

  6. #5
    adf3424sdff
    Guest adf3424sdff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mark84
    Thanks FR33 and Lee (i'm a poet i just dont know it).
    Yeah Lee, i'd love to join the tournement, i'm having a slight cash flow problem at the moment as they say, should be able to get it in the next couple of weeks assuming there's plenty in stock so i'll confirm then I cant wait for it, i've spent way too long watching the same youtube clips over and over again!
    Awesome! Except if you want to join, you must have the game and join by the 29th May (tourny starts June 1st)
    lee

  7. #6
    WiiChat Member mark84's Avatar
    Member #
    24590
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    114
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Pressure! you should be a Nintendo salesman. I'll do my best.

  8. #7
    adf3424sdff
    Guest adf3424sdff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mark84
    Pressure! you should be a Nintendo salesman. I'll do my best.
    Hope to play you soon

  9. #8
    Bleach & Heroes fan. Byuakuya's Avatar
    Member #
    13437
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Soul Society
    Posts
    6,251
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Welcome to wiichat and enjoy your stay. Happy gaming.

    The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee


    PSN ID: Byuakuya


  10. #9
    WiiChat Member mark84's Avatar
    Member #
    24590
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    114
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    thankyou

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

nintendo wii connection speed

Click on a term to search for related topics.