LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1. It was on channel 11, changed it to 1, no difference.

2. I did check, and it told me to use a DMZ server or something. I tried, didn't work.

3. I am, and that part works perfectly

4. I dont think my computer uses Mac filtering, and the only place to put a mac address is the router mac address, and that's not it.

5. Yes it's on mixed, and the internet speed is fine

6. I'm going to try that right now, but it's probably also not going to work.

7. Tried that (it's what i do when my power goes out), every other object in the network worked fine.

The error still appears and i'm clicking like hell but nothing happens

Member #
    Friends
    Well i've just added a friend to my address book, and we've been exchanging wii's and messages, and through all that, I noticed that whenever i recieve something from my buddy, the disc slot glows like it should during WiiConnect24. Why cant it work like that for the other channels?

adf3424sdff
    Because if it were used for other channels, it would be glowing all the time just because of a minor update in the weather forecast etc, it would be annoying after awhile.
    lee

Member #
    Friends
    So the glowing isn't a sign of WiiConnect24? Dang. I just gotta wait another week or two for my adapter to come in..

adf3424sdff
    No, the glowing is a part of wii connect 24, the whole point of it is to keep the internet connection running while your wii is off so it can download updates, recieve messages and miis and update the channels such as the 'everybody votes' channel. Note that just because the light doesn't turn on , doesn't mean wii connect 24 is off.
    lee

Member #
    Friends
    After about 8 hours of doing stuff, i still dont know how to fix my router. We dont even know the exact problem other than the one on the compatibility list. I'm gonna try contacting Nintendo.

adf3424sdff
    Yeah, ring their hotline situated at the back of game booklets. Post back telling us what they have to say
    lee

Member #
    Friends
    I saw that "strange" behavior too a few days after it was connected to the Wi-Fi. The internet channel works but the weather or news channel stopped working. I have to switch to another router in my wireless bridge when that happened, but I can switch back to the first router the next day.

Im a freaking Wii owner! Emo_Kid1001's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    is it close to the wii because it could not be getting a signal and you need to go to option and go to wii connect and click it will search and if i doesnt work call your cable guy and have them come to look at it and they hook it up for $
    hey if you are looking for me my new name is Dewy_fan93 so there bye freak im not using this one so go hahaha that was a funny joke now go RAPE RAPE SOMEONE HELP

Member #
    Friends

Common Problem troubleshooter

1. Weak signal from router - Move you wii closer to the router, the average router range is around 50 ft. My wii is at 30 ft and gets a perfect signal.
    2. You may be protecting you network with the wrong type of security, the wii can handle WEP encrypting, and some WPA. If you can, make your network WEP protected. If it already is hats off to you (you should always protect your network).
    3. Your router is not plugged into the wall?
    4. Is your router plugged into you modem/internet interface
    5. One Common proble is that You may not have high speed internet. High speed internet is REQUIRED for any online connection through the wii.
    6. Your router may be incompatible, The wii will work on networks that broadcasts 802.11b (this is what I use) or 802.11g, 802.11g will run faster than a 802.11b router. Any other router is INCOMPATIBLE.
    7. If you can see the signal, but can not hook up to it, here is what is happening: Your router probbably has a stronger signal than the wii, the wii has a weaker range as shown n this diagram. The "X" represents where the signal is too weak to pick up, how to fix it: Move your wii closer to the router.Router----->Wii
    Router----->Wii
    Wii-->XXXXRouter

This took me a long time to make, so can you guys visit my website?
    I would like to grow my site, secretly, to get rid of some of the ads go to
    http://www.freewebs.com/youcannotspellit
    -This message is from Adam of Wowzas.tk (under new name(old banner above))
    If you need Any help Whatsoever you can E-mail me! youcannotspellit@gmail.com
    Emails will usually be returned within About 10 days.
    In you subject line enter "I need Tech help"

Ads