LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member wii.EXE's Avatar
    Member #
    27792
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector not found ??

    Hey everybody, I'm at a lost here.

    I've purchased the Wi-fi connector recently
    and tried to install it, but towards the end of the installation it ALWAYS says
    "Please insert your Nintendo Wi-fi usb connector into your pc"
    but it's already in there and my pc sees it.

    Help me !

    Many thankz in advance

  2. #2
    Am I Losing Friends? +Maniacal=Maniac+'s Avatar
    Member #
    911
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,922
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4516-7863-9846-6018
    Two Words... Firewall....



    Turn Off Your Firewall. Hope That Helped!

    Meh


  3. #3
    WiiChat?!!?! WHERE?! a30993's Avatar
    Member #
    20537
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    185
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4108-4051-0390-8129
    Quote Originally Posted by +Maniacal=Maniac+
    Two Words... Firewall....



    Turn Off Your Firewall. Hope That Helped!

    Firewall is one word, actually.
    WII-LESS NO LONGER!
    Spoiler Alert!

    DS Games
    R4DS

  4. #4
    ciper's Avatar
    Member #
    22965
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    ▐▄█▀█▄▌
    Posts
    2,008
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by wii.EXE
    Hey everybody, I'm at a lost here.

    I've purchased the Wi-fi connector recently
    and tried to install it, but towards the end of the installation it ALWAYS says
    "Please insert your Nintendo Wi-fi usb connector into your pc"
    but it's already in there and my pc sees it.

    Help me !

    Many thankz in advance
    Right click on "My Computer" and choose "Manage"
    Select "Device Manager"
    Under the View menu choose "Devices by connection"
    Expand the hardware until you find your USB hubs
    Plug in and remove your Wifi adapter until you find where it is being detected.

    Tell us the name of the device that appears/disappears and if it has any error status.

    (from memory let me know if I missed a step)

  5. #5
    Wii+Ps3+360= Happiness Biggler's DS's Avatar
    Member #
    27345
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    House
    Posts
    13
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Two possible problems: 1. Firewall
    2. The computer is too far
    Turn your firewall off and your usb needs to be within 30 feet from the Wii
    My CPU was too far so it cant reach the Wii. Man... what bullshiz-nick :mad5:
    BigglerBigglerBigglerBiggler
    BigglerBigglerBigglerBiggler
    BigglerBigglerBigglerBiggler
    BigglerBigglerBigglerBiggler
    BigglerBigglerBigglerBiggler
    BigglerBigglerBigglerBiggler
    BigglerBigglerBigglerBiggler

  6. #6
    Wii+Ps3+360= Happiness Biggler's DS's Avatar
    Member #
    27345
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    House
    Posts
    13
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    ur cpu is too far!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BigglerBigglerBigglerBiggler
    BigglerBigglerBigglerBiggler
    BigglerBigglerBigglerBiggler
    BigglerBigglerBigglerBiggler
    BigglerBigglerBigglerBiggler
    BigglerBigglerBigglerBiggler
    BigglerBigglerBigglerBiggler

  7. #7
    ZiG
    ZiG is offline
    WiiChat Member ZiG's Avatar
    Member #
    25440
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    82
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    if you read the instructions, you would see that it says all over the place DO NOT PLUG IN UNTIL IT TELLS YOU TO. otherwise you will get this exact error. maybe you'll get lucky and you can just unplug it, leave it unplugged and then only plug it in when it tells you to. if that doesnt work you may have to edit the system registry or see Nintendo's FAQ.

  8. #8
    Junior Member wii.EXE's Avatar
    Member #
    27792
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    - Did all the steps in the readme file
    - The wii is like right next to it.
    - Firewall is turned off ( control panel -> microsoft firewall )

    It installs perfectly on other pc's, but mine it goes screwy during driver install.
    even manual driver install after it's done it gives me that crap error
    Failed to install blabla it may not work properly blabla...

    Oh also Hardware update wizard tells me.
    " Cannot install this hardware
    ....
    an error occured during the installation of this device
    the system cannot find specified file"

  9. #9
    (Wii RoCkS mY sOcKs) zaijin's Avatar
    Member #
    28100
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    australia:lennox head
    Posts
    81
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by wii.EXE
    - Did all the steps in the readme file
    - The wii is like right next to it.
    - Firewall is turned off ( control panel -> microsoft firewall )

    It installs perfectly on other pc's, but mine it goes screwy during driver install.
    even manual driver install after it's done it gives me that crap error
    Failed to install blabla it may not work properly blabla...

    Oh also Hardware update wizard tells me.
    " Cannot install this hardware
    ....
    an error occured during the installation of this device
    the system cannot find specified file"
    same with mine or it says its working then i go onto my wii and it says it can not find a usb connector its is really starting to annoy me

  10. #10
    Junior Member wii.EXE's Avatar
    Member #
    27792
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    Right click on "My Computer" and choose "Manage"
    Select "Device Manager"
    Under the View menu choose "Devices by connection"
    Expand the hardware until you find your USB hubs
    Plug in and remove your Wifi adapter until you find where it is being detected.

    Tell us the name of the device that appears/disappears and if it has any error status.

    (from memory let me know if I missed a step)
    SiS PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller
    - USB root Hub
    - Nintendo Wi-Fi USB CONNECTOR ( met exclamtion mark on it)

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

error please insert nintendo wifi adapter
,

nintendo wi-fi connector not found

,
nintendo wifi connector not detected
,
nintendo wifi connector not found
,
nintendo wifi please insert the nintendo wifi connector into your computer's usb port error
,
nintendo wifi usb connector please insert usb connecter
,
nintendo wifi usb connector please insert usb connector
,
nintendo wifi usb driver not found
,
please insert the nintendo usb
,

please insert the nintendo wi-fi usb connector into your computer's usb port

,
please insert the nintendo wifi usb connector into a usb port
,
wifi usb says insert wifi usb
Click on a term to search for related topics.