LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Help connecting to a network

Hi, i was hoping someone would be able to help me, i recently got ask4 internet in my flat, but it doesnt come down a phone line or dsl , its like a network (well it is) and thats fine i plug the network cable in to my wireless router and i can get on the net using mylaptop with ease problem is my wii is having none of it i know it can connect through this router as it worked fine with my last isp, something else which is slightly differant with this isp is that some times on my laptop when i open IE an ask4 login page comes up and asks for a login and pass word, the error code i get on the wii is " 52230 unableto connect to the server" i have read that this couldbe due to a firewall on the router but i have tried disabling this and it did not work.
    the router i am using is a speedtouch 585v6 and like i said the internet is an ethanet connection,

hope someone can help
    thanks for reading
    john

2. Ads

honesty is my only excuse FR3344LL's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by johncf
    Hi, i was hoping someone would be able to help me, i recently got ask4 internet in my flat, but it doesnt come down a phone line or dsl , its like a network (well it is) and thats fine i plug the network cable in to my wireless router and i can get on the net using mylaptop with ease problem is my wii is having none of it i know it can connect through this router as it worked fine with my last isp, something else which is slightly differant with this isp is that some times on my laptop when i open IE an ask4 login page comes up and asks for a login and pass word, the error code i get on the wii is " 52230 unableto connect to the server" i have read that this couldbe due to a firewall on the router but i have tried disabling this and it did not work.
    the router i am using is a speedtouch 585v6 and like i said the internet is an ethanet connection,

hope someone can help
    thanks for reading
    john
    how are you attempting to connect the Wii to the router? wired or wireless?

has DHCP on the router been disabled for some reason?

try allocating the Wii with a "manually assigned" IP address within the same
    range as the IP of your pc. e.g. pc = 192.168.1.2 Wii 192.168.1.3
    the subnet mask value will be 255.255.255.0 for this range of IP's
    the default router (gateway) address will be the IP address of the router.
    Ste

Hello-Moto/Go Leafs Go!!! wiiman14's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I have the exact same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wamoo
    Jeez I can see it now......Robo Hookers for 20,000 wii points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    I forgot to say "w00t one year" about a month ago

Member #
    Friends
    hi thanks for your reply i am trying to connect wirelessly, unfortunatly i cannot get on to my router for some reason to check its settings.
    i try try the ip thing though

Member #
    Friends
    if you sort your out id be greatful if you let me know how, i have been intouch with ask4 and they tried setting my account up to accept my wii's mac address but this did not work so i am waiting for them to get back to me
    ill let you know if i hear any thing

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Does the wii pick up the access point then?

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    yes the wii picks up the sccess point but fails the connection test, im at work so cant remember the eroor code, ive been told today if i cant get an Ethernet router and send ask 4 the mac address they can sent up an auto authenticate user for me so the wii wouldnt have to "log in" which i think is the problem. also im told to try connecting my laptop via a network cable to the wall then my laptop to router wirelessly so the laptop logs in and my wii can connect to the internet through my laptop but i dont know how this will work as i use pcmcia wireless card in my laptop and the laptop never shows up when i search for network on the wii, unless the router will make the laptops connection available to me and i connect through the router.

ill try it when i get in any way

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by johncf
    yes the wii picks up the sccess point but fails the connection test, im at work so cant remember the eroor code, ive been told today if i cant get an Ethernet router and send ask 4 the mac address they can sent up an auto authenticate user for me so the wii wouldnt have to "log in" which i think is the problem. also im told to try connecting my laptop via a network cable to the wall then my laptop to router wirelessly so the laptop logs in and my wii can connect to the internet through my laptop but i dont know how this will work as i use pcmcia wireless card in my laptop and the laptop never shows up when i search for network on the wii, unless the router will make the laptops connection available to me and i connect through the router.

ill try it when i get in any way
    If you are connecting to some public wireless router then they probably have some crazy authentication on it.

You should google Internet connection sharing if you want to use your laptop as a wireless access point for the And the wii.

And the laptop isn't showing up because you have to have a card broadcasting in ad-hoc.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    If you connect your computer directly to the ethernet cable for your internet what is the first three numbers of your Ip address?

Member #
    Friends
    how would i find that out young man

Ads