hehOriginally Posted by Kurtis_123
the theory is, if you have a wireless router, you don't need a USB
FYI, since i last mentioned that i couldn't get online with the WRT54GS,
guess what...i've managed to get a "working" internet connection with
said router and the Wii.
the only issue is, if i try to access the weather channel, i get an error
message saying no internet connection found, but strangely enough if i use
the Opera browser, i can surf the net without issues.
to get the Wii "talking" to the WRT54GS i did the following:-
1. turned off (LAN) DHCP on the 54GS
2. enabled WPA-TKIP encryption
3. entered the Wii's MAC address into the permitted MAC access list.
4. set wireless speed to 802.11g only
5. rebooted the router.
6. created a "new" wireless connection in the Wii's internet settings.
7. entered all relevant IP / default router (gateway) information manually.
8. ...and probably most crucially, under DNS settings, i entered my actual ISP
primary and secondary DNS addresses, rather than using the routers IP
as the DNS value.
this has allowed me to use the internet, but as mentioned not the weather
channel. i haven't tried any of the others (shopping/news etc) as i can't