LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Hello-Moto/Go Leafs Go!!! wiiman14's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I think too that online games need a head set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wamoo
    Jeez I can see it now......Robo Hookers for 20,000 wii points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    I forgot to say "w00t one year" about a month ago

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Uhhh I highly doubt Online Play will EVER be as good as on Live or even the Playstation Network.

Its just not going to happen.

Not as long as they're mindless legions of idiotic kids with Wiis who Nintendo feels need to be protected from the dangers of the internet (pedos, scams, etc.)

We can't even play random people of OUR CHOOSING Online right now. That says a LOT. We STILL have the Friends Code system for goodness sakes!

If Nintendo was smart then they'd give us OPTIONS and improve the quality of Online ASAP.

In addition Nintendo needs to create a hard drive for the Wii now. And fix the problems with the VC channel.

End Rant

Member #
    Friends
    6031-8713-1077-8188
    why cant our system code..be used for all games..like a gamertag for the 360?
    iMac 2.4ghz Aluminum, 4GB iPhone, 12 iPods!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    Uhhh I highly doubt Online Play will EVER be as good as on Live or even the Playstation Network.

Its just not going to happen.

Not as long as they're mindless legions of idiotic kids with Wiis who Nintendo feels need to be protected from the dangers of the internet (pedos, scams, etc.)

We can't even play random people of OUR CHOOSING Online right now. That says a LOT. We STILL have the Friends Code system for goodness sakes!

If Nintendo was smart then they'd give us OPTIONS and improve the quality of Online ASAP.

In addition Nintendo needs to create a hard drive for the Wii now. And fix the problems with the VC channel.

End Rant
    I agree with the fact that only fighting people that you have as a friend code is a horrible idea. There should be a lobby where anybody could fight anybody currently online. If Nintendo's worrying about kids and strangers, then just disable chat features so there can be no conversing.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Member #
    Friends
    before a week ago, i would have agreed with you. heres why im disagrreing:

Online Games So Far:

Fifa 08
    SSBB
    Mario Kart Wii
    Medal of Honour: Heroes 2
    Nitrobike
    Battalion Wars 2
    Mario Football
    Pokemon

Those are most of them i think. Thats not a bad line up for a consol 7 months old...

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    @Warrior: What the hell are you talking about, 6 of those games you mentioned are not even released yet. You should word your posts differently to make them more understandable.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U

Nintendo probably isn't going to give us options--but 3rd parties apparently can. Nintendo allows playing random strangers when there is no ability to communicate. But Madden '08 uses EA's own servers, has text chat, and has no FCs. That's another reason I'm excited about Heroes 2--if it follows Madden '08 and uses EA Nation, presumably it could ignore FCs completely. I was saddened that no BT headset was announced at E3 though. I'm starting to think the game (IGN says Nov 2007) will come out before any headset.

On the other hand--Disney has some sort of social networking program they will be integrating into future DS games. Off hand it sounds like a violation of everything good and friend-codish, so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by FR
    If Nintendo's worrying about kids and strangers, then just disable chat features so there can be no conversing.
    A) That's a dumb idea for a massive multuplayer FPS--chat is important for achieving objectives as a team, and it can be fun as long as you are able to boot annoyances, B) that's exactly the route Nintendo took with Strikers, and possibly other titles as well.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Member #
    Friends
    i think nintendo should stop rolling in the money they are raking in with the wii and ds and start furthering their success by improving online. also improve with the vc problem, we want a harddrive!

Member #
    Friends
    I believe nintendo is Somewhat Serious with it, but they are also afraid of Moving forward, they are not Use to Online Gaming, it is completely new to them, they started with the nintendo DS which was a big step. Microsoft, decided to place internet because they are use to it as they created the Internet, as for sony they started with the PS2 so they have experience, nintendo has just started.
    Human, Yet Not Human

Member #
    Friends
    I seem to remember online play on the Super NES......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Ads