LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    WiiChat Member redhotrikk's Avatar
    Member #
    30509
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Having BIG Problems

    Okay, here we go, I bought the Wii/DS wi-fi USB dongle and tried to install it, let me tell you what happened.....

    Right, I am connected to the internet via a Broadband connection supplied by what was Blueyonder, now Virgin media, this connection runs into my PC Via the Ethernet Cable that is linked to my Broadband Modem.......

    right, here is what happens.....

    1. I start up the software to install my Wi-Fi dongle with the dongle not yet connected, it says it is installing the drivers and then asks me to plug in the dongle, this, I do.......

    after about 20 seconds of slowly going up the completion bar (where it says "setting up connection sharing" )it comes up with an error message telling me to insert the USB wi-fi dongle...... whether I take it out and put it back in or just click okay, it gives me an application error.....

    Let me see if I can get some screen shots... (there should be some below now as I am typing)

    if anyone can help me please this would be a great help
    Attached Images

  2. #2
    Wicked Hot Lush Lips bonodo's Avatar
    Member #
    14505
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    runcorn, uk
    Posts
    797
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1262-1897-0166-8568
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotrikk
    Okay, here we go, I bought the Wii/DS wi-fi USB dongle and tried to install it, let me tell you what happened.....

    Right, I am connected to the internet via a Broadband connection supplied by what was Blueyonder, now Virgin media, this connection runs into my PC Via the Ethernet Cable that is linked to my Broadband Modem.......

    right, here is what happens.....

    1. I start up the software to install my Wi-Fi dongle with the dongle not yet connected, it says it is installing the drivers and then asks me to plug in the dongle, this, I do.......

    after about 20 seconds of slowly going up the completion bar (where it says "setting up connection sharing" )it comes up with an error message telling me to insert the USB wi-fi dongle...... whether I take it out and put it back in or just click okay, it gives me an application error.....

    Let me see if I can get some screen shots... (there should be some below now as I am typing)

    if anyone can help me please this would be a great help
    it may be virgin media, i was on NTL (now virgin media) and thay are verry bad to work with

    EDIT: ok so i actually read your post and i honestly don't have a clue, try replacing it
    Last edited by bonodo; 07-21-2007 at 06:20 PM.


    help me im dying help

  3. #3
    WiiChat Member redhotrikk's Avatar
    Member #
    30509
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    thing is that it isn't picking up the dongle, if you look at the pics....

    says I need to plug it in when it is already plugged in so it must be a fault with the software (which I have used from manufacturers disc AND downloaded from Nintendo) or it is the dongle itself, unless there is something I don't know

  4. #4
    Wicked Hot Lush Lips bonodo's Avatar
    Member #
    14505
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    runcorn, uk
    Posts
    797
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1262-1897-0166-8568
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotrikk
    thing is that it isn't picking up the dongle, if you look at the pics....

    says I need to plug it in when it is already plugged in so it must be a fault with the software (which I have used from manufacturers disc AND downloaded from Nintendo) or it is the dongle itself, unless there is something I don't know
    well the screenshots just appear as s load of random letters to me so i couldnnt see 'em, but try checking weather the USB ports aren't too loose (sometimes USB devices can slip a bit and unplug)


    help me im dying help

  5. #5
    WiiChat Member paintba||er's Avatar
    Member #
    1665
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Posts
    3,417
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Maybe the USB port on your PC is screwed. Have you tried plugging it in a different port?
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

  6. #6
    WiiChat Member redhotrikk's Avatar
    Member #
    30509
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    have tried using all 6 USB ports on my computer and nothing, I am guessing either the dongle is screwed or the software is bollocksed lol

  7. #7
    WiiChat Member redhotrikk's Avatar
    Member #
    30509
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    For all those who can't get into those attachments, here are some more

    -THIS IS THE PROGRAM WORKING-



    -THEN THIS HAPPENS-



    -WHETHER I CLICK OKAY OR DISCONNECT AND RECONNECT, I GET THIS-


  8. #8
    Member of Wiichat WiiBad's Avatar
    Member #
    15560
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    848
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I would take it back and get a LAN adapter and go with a wired connection, this is much easier. Or maybe get a router for a little more and go wireless with everything. With only a LAN adapter you will have to disconnect your PC every time and unplug your modem as well to reset its applications, so the router is really the way to go. Sorry if this isn't what you wanna hear, but the Wifi dongle seems like a bust to me.

    Signature by Syntax

  9. #9
    WiiChat Member redhotrikk's Avatar
    Member #
    30509
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiBad
    I would take it back and get a LAN adapter and go with a wired connection, this is much easier. Or maybe get a router for a little more and go wireless with everything. With only a LAN adapter you will have to disconnect your PC every time and unplug your modem as well to reset its applications, so the router is really the way to go. Sorry if this isn't what you wanna hear, but the Wifi dongle seems like a bust to me.
    Actually, this is the most helpful advise I've had from anyone so thanks, I will go for that option, I wanted to go wireless anyway truth be told

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts