I hope someone can figure this one out....
I keep losing my Wii WiFi connection with my router after a few days (not sure exact number). It works great and then it suddenly stops. I'm using WEP-128. It will not re-connect, no matter what I do...Just so everyone knows I'm not a total dumbarse, here is what I've done.
The only thing that will make it connect again (that I can tell) is to reformat the Wii completely and go back to Day 1.
- Same result on two different wireless routers
- Same result on WEP and WPA (I'm NOT going unencrypted)
- Signal strength is high
- Tried the connection test again, thus triggering (supposedly) the automatic DHCP retrieval
- MAC address for the Wii is setup in the router
- Tried setting up new connections in Wii (like Connection 2, Connection 3)
- Rebooting (hard reboot) Wii/Router
- Cleared all Internet settings and set it up again.
- Set the channel on router to 1 and 11
Although I can save my games (non-Internet games) to the memory card and remove it before reformatting the Wii, I lose my Miis that aren't on a Wii-mote. Anyway, I shouldn't have to do this.