LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Someone smart enough??

Hi!

I know this issue has been discussed over and over, but I really need your help! I am trying to connect my wii to the Internet, but having some problems. I have read all trouble shouting pages but still I don’t get it right.

Here are my settings. My router is a DLink DWL-G710
    On the router have set up a access point called FBK and I have security settings set to WPA phase phrase. When trying to find access points at my wii I manage to find the access point FBK and it tells me to enter security “code”. I enter my 63 ASCII security code that I have set up in my router (this is the code to put here right??), but after this, when trying to access internet, something goes wrong and I get the error code 51330. After searching for help on the big net I tried to change the channel from the default 6 to 1 on my router, but still the same problem. I also enabled MAC filter on the router and entered my MAC address for the wii, but with no luck.

Is someone else having the same problem with the same router?
    What am I doing wrong, please help me
    Thanks in advance!

2. Ads

honesty is my only excuse FR3344LL's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner
    Hi!

I know this issue has been discussed over and over, but I really need your help! I am trying to connect my wii to the Internet, but having some problems. I have read all trouble shouting pages but still I don’t get it right.

Here are my settings. My router is a DLink DWL-G710
    On the router have set up a access point called FBK and I have security settings set to WPA phase phrase. When trying to find access points at my wii I manage to find the access point FBK and it tells me to enter security “code”. I enter my 63 ASCII security code that I have set up in my router (this is the code to put here right??), but after this, when trying to access internet, something goes wrong and I get the error code 51330. After searching for help on the big net I tried to change the channel from the default 6 to 1 on my router, but still the same problem. I also enabled MAC filter on the router and entered my MAC address for the wii, but with no luck.

Is someone else having the same problem with the same router?
    What am I doing wrong, please help me
    Thanks in advance!
    in bold is your problem (i think).

if you have created a "pass phrase" you need to enter the same pass phrase
    into the Wii's settings....not the ASCII code.

so, if you've created a phrase e.g. CLEANER, enter CLEANER into the Wii
    settings.
    Ste

Member #
    Friends
    8407-4245-3370-0256
    Quote Originally Posted by FR3344LL
    in bold is your problem (i think).

if you have created a "pass phrase" you need to enter the same pass phrase
    into the Wii's settings....not the ASCII code.

so, if you've created a phrase e.g. CLEANER, enter CLEANER into the Wii
    settings.
    yeah id agree with that, but if that fails wait for ciper to answer (if hes still around)

Yeah OK So I Guess Im Back...
    So What...?
    WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?
    Can you See It...?

www.ultiforums.tk

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Like was said, with Wi-Fi Protected Access you need to enter the passphrase you used not a 63 character encryption key.

Member #
    Friends
    Hi guys, thanks for the answers.

Maybe I was a little bit unclear or just dumb/noob. As mentioned before my access point in the router named as FBK is created whit WPA crypto, a 63 character code (e.g. 21hHdsdt)/#/323…etc). When I connected against the router with my PC I picked the desired access point and under WPA "pass phrase" I typed the 63 digit code and everything went fine.

So, yesterday when setting up my wii connection, I thought that only by typing this 63 digit code into WPA-PSK(TKIP) everything would be fine Where could I get this phase phrase? Please could someone explain from the beginning, from the router to the wii.

The strange thing is that according to the log of the router I could see that my wii has tried to gain access.

honesty is my only excuse FR3344LL's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner
    Hi guys, thanks for the answers.

Maybe I was a little bit unclear or just dumb/noob. As mentioned before my access point in the router named as FBK is created whit WPA crypto, a 63 character code (e.g. 21hHdsdt)/#/323…etc). When I connected against the router with my PC I picked the desired access point and under WPA "pass phrase" I typed the 63 digit code and everything went fine.

So, yesterday when setting up my wii connection, I thought that only by typing this 63 digit code into WPA-PSK(TKIP) everything would be fine Where could I get this phase phrase? Please could someone explain from the beginning, from the router to the wii.

The strange thing is that according to the log of the router I could see that my wii has tried to gain access.
    i can't quite understand why you are using hex and passphrase with WPA-TKIP.
    on my router, i create a "phrase" e.g. whatthe****, and this generates
    a WPA "key".
    i then enter the phrase whatthe**** into each device which connects to
    the router....end product - all devices connect!
    Ste

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by FR3344LL
    i can't quite understand why you are using hex and passphrase with WPA-TKIP.
    on my router, i create a "phrase" e.g. whatthe****, and this generates
    a WPA "key".
    i then enter the phrase whatthe**** into each device which connects to
    the router....end product - all devices connect!
    Yes you enter a pass phrase but the router translates it into a hex code, and hex codes are used whether you want to or not. The ascii is a way of making it simplier for most users who cant remember the hex code.

This one is quite simple, use the hexcode that is produced by your ascii pass phrase. Chances are the problem is that the wii isnt doing the translation properly. if you give it the straight hex code it wont have to translate and it works.

I know this from expierence with my linux distrobution, which simple never worked with an ascii pass phrase. Chances are the wii is exactly the same way.

If this still doesnt work, then there was some user error in getting the hexcode to the wii. Hate to say it, but its always been that simple.

I have been out to dozens of homes and business all with the same problem, and its always been this solution.

Ads