LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1862-1014-7263-2520
    Well, with WEP disabled, everyone and their grandma and even her dog scooter can connect to your network which could be harmless, or could cost you your identity. If your wireless access point (In this case, your modem) has a feature called MAC authority, or Mac access control, then get the MAC address from your WII and put it in there, then enable it. Other than that, I seriously suggest you spend some time on google learning how wireless networks function, and how to secure them.
    *Insert wit here*

2. Ads

...and justice for all myloveispure's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1255-5362-6050-5227
    But isnt that only for people who are in range?Im really scared now...When i do a acess point search my wii picks up like 10 connections...most of them without a password. How can i check what devices and how many are connected to my router wirelessy?Also, i did that MAC filtering thing before and it didnt work.

And oh yeh, You Said something like you can find me a WEP key. You see, the problem is that when i enable WEP on my router i cant connect to my wii online for some reason...even though i put the write key in...or i think i do. Can i add a key to the WEP security?You said you can words to find its value or something. Can you encrpyt "Nurgul" for me(without the ") so i can use it as my key?When im entering that key, am i going to enter the word or the encrpyted letters?
    Last edited by myloveispure; 08-06-2007 at 08:58 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    1862-1014-7263-2520
    My antenna array has a 2km range. That is a VERY long range, and it's made with common household stuff. An empty soup can, a broken lamp, a pringles can wrapped in aluminum foil very tightly, ten copper thumbtacks, and just a little bit of RJ10 cable with the right connector on it. There are people who look for open wireless access points in their spare time, such as me. I go wardriving in the richer neighborhoods over here and write down addresses of open or lightly secured access points. I am not uncommon. There are many like me in every country.
    *Insert wit here*

Ads