LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    ...and justice for all myloveispure's Avatar
    Member #
    25325
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    41
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1255-5362-6050-5227

    Wii wont connect to the net

    I've had this problem for like 5 months and still cant find a solution. I took my wii to my friends house and i got the wii working online there. It was my first time connecting my wii online. Anyway, like a month later, i bought a wireless router and tried to connect my wii online but i keep failing. My wii picks up my access point and my ssid but when it goes to do a connection test, it fails with error code 52030 i think it was. I tried to enter the internet settings manualy, but it still didnt work. My router is a Netcomm NB5Plus4W. Im going to buy mario strikers charged soon so i need to connect online asap. Should i do a whole system restore and try it then?Maybe its because the wii is configured to my friends router, even though i clear all the net settings and and entered my routers settings...

    Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Member of Wiichat WiiBad's Avatar
    Member #
    15560
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    848
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Did you say you already tried new connection settings on the Wii? Try a brand new wireless connection with automatic settings on the Wii and see what happens. Call Nintendo if this doesn't work, you should find the 800 number on the box or in the instruction manual. Believe me, they can get you fixed up pretty quick. Hopefully you don't have one of those routers that doesn't work on the Wii. You do have high speed or broadband right?
    Last edited by WiiBad; 08-05-2007 at 02:48 AM.

    Signature by Syntax

  3. #3
    Lucozade Addict Nicko's Avatar
    Member #
    31085
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    62
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4920-8914-1571-5576
    Have you made sure you entered the correct security settings and stuff? Dunno if that is the problem but you could try it anyway?

  4. #4
    ...and justice for all myloveispure's Avatar
    Member #
    25325
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    41
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1255-5362-6050-5227
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiBad
    Did you say you already tried new connection settings on the Wii? Try a brand new wireless connection with automatic settings on the Wii and see what happens. Call Nintendo if this doesn't work, you should find the 800 number on the box or in the instruction manual. Believe me, they can get you fixed up pretty quick. Hopefully you don't have one of those routers that doesn't work on the Wii. You do have high speed or broadband right?
    Yes i tried a brand new wireless connection with my modem. Those 1800 numbers cost too much so it'll be my last option. I've got broadband at 100mbsp so thats ultra fast. Im sure any wireless router with a famous brand name will work.

  5. #5
    ...and justice for all myloveispure's Avatar
    Member #
    25325
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    41
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1255-5362-6050-5227
    Maybe its the secuirty on my router blocking wii. Ive got WEP secuirty. This is my wep settings on my router:



    do i have to change/add anything there to connect me wii online?

  6. #6
    Pain in the ass. OmegaForte's Avatar
    Member #
    31453
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    68
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1862-1014-7263-2520
    Um, that's not a very....Working Key...Spaces aren't allowed. If you want a hashed key, PM me a word, and choose an encryption strength.
    *Insert wit here*

  7. #7
    Member of Wiichat WiiBad's Avatar
    Member #
    15560
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    848
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by myloveispure
    Yes i tried a brand new wireless connection with my modem. Those 1800 numbers cost too much so it'll be my last option. I've got broadband at 100mbsp so thats ultra fast. Im sure any wireless router with a famous brand name will work.
    It's an 800 number. Toll free. If you have yet to get it working, they can help. It should say toll free next to the number that is on the box or in the instruction manual.

    Signature by Syntax

  8. #8
    ...and justice for all myloveispure's Avatar
    Member #
    25325
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    41
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1255-5362-6050-5227
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaForte
    Um, that's not a very....Working Key...Spaces aren't allowed. If you want a hashed key, PM me a word, and choose an encryption strength.
    WHat do you mean?You seen the picture...does that mean the wii is being blocked?

    Oh, and about that 800 number, is that Australian?I cant find any 800 anywhere on the wii box and its booklets.

  9. #9
    Member of Wiichat WiiBad's Avatar
    Member #
    15560
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    848
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    (800)255-3700. Should work for anywhere in the world.

    Signature by Syntax

  10. #10
    ...and justice for all myloveispure's Avatar
    Member #
    25325
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    41
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1255-5362-6050-5227
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiBad
    (800)255-3700. Should work for anywhere in the world.
    Lol i dont think its free to anyone. Anyway, i connected my wii online. I just disabled WEP secuirty from my broswer and the connected. Thanks everyone

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts