Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6306-3523-3585-1505

D-Link DSL-G604T 802.11g wireless router

Hi all,

First post to date, so apologies upfront if this has been asked a million times before.
    I have today purchased the Wii, but reading through various websites have found out they are wi-fi enabled.
    Do I have to buy anything else for the Wii, or can i log on through my wireless router? Its a D-Link DSL-G604T 802.11g wireless router, but not being very technically minded, what settings to I have to change, or will it find it straight away, with my network not being secured.
    Apologies again if this has been asked, but at the moment im at work, and havent got the time (Unfortunatly) to trawl through all these posts.

2. Ads

honesty is my only excuse FR3344LL's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by andyd99
    Hi all,

First post to date, so apologies upfront if this has been asked a million times before.
    I have today purchased the Wii, but reading through various websites have found out they are wi-fi enabled.
    Do I have to buy anything else for the Wii, or can i log on through my wireless router? Its a D-Link DSL-G604T 802.11g wireless router, but not being very technically minded, what settings to I have to change, or will it find it straight away, with my network not being secured.
    Apologies again if this has been asked, but at the moment im at work, and havent got the time (Unfortunatly) to trawl through all these posts.
    for some bizarre reason, the Wii doesn't work with all wireless routers,
    even though it claims IEEE802.11b/g compatibility!

why not search for your router via the Wii's wifi options? see if it finds it.
    if it does, that's half the battle...you've then got to get the bloody thing to
    connect and stay connected!!

if you get it working, and manage to get the update (which is required after
    a connection test) all should be well.

you should really start to think of adding at least 128Bit WEP encryption as
    a minimum...use WPA-TKIP if your router supports it.....running an unsecured
    wireless network is asking for trouble, any lowlife tosser could be downloading
    all sorts of illegal stuff via your connection......
    and guess what? you'd more than likely be held responsible any dubious stuff
    got downloaded...ignorance is not an acceptable excuse.

i'm not trying to scare you, but please be aware of the implications.
    Ste

Ads