LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: plz help me!

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

plz help me!

ok look ppl i have a wireless router and i find it as an access point and use it... i save the setting and try connecting... but it still doesnt work! i get the code 51331... i search for access points again and then i found my neighbours connection open did the same thing... didnt work... and same code... whats the problem? how can it get internet please help me guys ty

Member #
    Friends
    First things first welcome to wii chat

second thing Maybe you should move your wii closer to the connection point

Thank for the nice sig MikemasterM1

Wii online : 5641-0493-8594-3830
    pokemon platinum: 0259 6173 2215 name Trey
    Poke Diamond FC: 2192 3518 7613 name Ryan

Member #
    Friends
    Error Code: 51331

The Wii console is not able to connect to the access point.

1. Have you recently adjusted a setting on your router, such as a WEP Key, switched to WPA, or some other adjustment? If so, make the same adjustment in your Wii console's online setttings.

2. Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).

3. Check Nintendo?s router info for special notes, if available, for your router.
    1. Click here to go to our Wireless Router lookup page.
    2. Use the drop-down box to select, if available, your router manufacturer.
    3. Click on your router's model number, if available.
    4. Read any "special notes" at the top of the router's page. Many issues can be solved by changing settings described in the "special notes."

4. Are you using WEP or WPA security on your router?
    1. Log into the router using the default IP (consult your router's manual for assistance)
    2. If you are using 64-bit encryption, the WEP Key must be a 10-character key consisting of numbers or letters A through F.
    3. If you are using 128-bit encryption, the WEP Key must be a 26-character key consisting of numbers or letters A through F.
    4. The WEP Key must be a Hexadecimal (0-9, A-F, no other special characters or letters).
    5. If your router has multiple slots for a WEP Key, make sure the active key is the one in the #1 slot.
    6. If you are using WPA, the Wii console is compatible with the following types:
    * WPA - PSK (TKIP)
    * WPA - PSK (AES)
    * WPA2 - PSK (AES)

5. Check to see if your router is using MAC filtering.
    1. Log into the router using the default IP.
    2. Find the section for MAC Filtering (typically under "Security").
    3. If MAC Filtering is on ("enabled"), enter the Wii console's MAC address to the list of approved MAC address. For info on locating the Wii console's MAC address, click here. (For assistance with locating the MAC Filtering section of your router?s setup tool, please consult the router?s manual or contact the manufacturer.)

6. Ensure that the router is set to broadcast in "mixed" or "b/g" mode. Routers set to "g only" may not be able to allow a successful connection from the Wii console. (The option to change this setting is typically found in the "Wireless" section of your router's settings. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router, if available.)

7. Try a "Manual Setup" with the Wii console (how to), using your network's IP configuration settings. To access these settings:
    1. On your PC, click "Start" and then "Run."
    2. Type "CMD" into the field that appears to open a new window.
    3. Type "IPCONFIG/ALL" and press "Enter" to display a list of internet settings. Locate the settings asked for by the Wii console during the Manual Setup process and enter them.

8. Power cycle your router and modem by unplugging them both from the wall. Wait a few minutes, and plug the modem back in. Wait a couple of minutes for the modem to initialize, then turn on the router. Try to connect the Wii console online and test for proper response.

If you are still receiving this error code, please click here for assistance.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sys...i&locale=en_US
    Wii - 2 remotes - 2 nunchucks - classic controller - wii sports - wii play - resident evil 4 - Mario Strikers Charged - metroid prime 3 - Spyro: Eternal Night - Medal of Honour Heroes 2 - Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - Super Mario Galaxy - Super Mario World (snes)

EA nation: ron1jon3

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastshadow
    First things first welcome to wii chat

second thing Maybe you should move your wii closer to the connection point
    ty

Member #
    Friends
    still doesnt work :/ but even when i try my nieghbours it doesnt work....

Member #
    Friends
    do you have any cordless phones in the room?
    Wii - 2 remotes - 2 nunchucks - classic controller - wii sports - wii play - resident evil 4 - Mario Strikers Charged - metroid prime 3 - Spyro: Eternal Night - Medal of Honour Heroes 2 - Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - Super Mario Galaxy - Super Mario World (snes)

Member #
    Friends
    no y?

Member #
    Friends
    oh well they broadcast at 2.4 Ghz, same as wireless so it can cause interference

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ronjon13
    oh well they broadcast at 2.4 Ghz, same as wireless so it can cause interference
    o ic ty

Member #
    Friends
    now im gettin 15132...

Ads