LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Finally scored the Browser!

I had a $20 points card, and I've been curious about the Browser, do I finally downloaded it. Figured it was worth the $5 to mess around with - though we have so many ways to browse the web around this house, it's really not needed

Anyway, I was reasonable impressed with it! The performance was decent through our wireless router and firewall (DSL 6.0). The browser UI was not bad! The scaling on the zoom feature is well executed.

I was also happy with the compatibly of Opera on the Wii - hit up several fave sites, and everything worked great. I stumbled on a few sites that required a newer version of Flash, so of course the Flash elements didn't display. Solid cookie and Javascript implementations too.

The Javascript was actually very impressive as I logged into one of our secure sites (also noted the good SSL handling) which makes ample use of AJAX and everything worked just about perfect (there were some formatting issues since they're designed for an IE spec).

Nice job! We had a good time looking at some pics posted on one of my car MB's from a recent show - much better on a big TV vs. a monitor!

~DT
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0931-8498-4192-1849
    way better than the free internet browser. Also more comfy from the lounge but my computer is right next to my beautiful Wii

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by imwiied
    way better than the free internet browser. Also more comfy from the lounge but my computer is right next to my beautiful Wii
    Ah yeah, I was wondering about the Beta/Free release vs. this final production version.

Browsing on the TV, with the Wii interface is almost like a totally different experience than from a PC (and I spend like 10-12 hours a day online).

~DT
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    7223-3534-5566-9128
    i got the free version. anyone know what the difference is between the free and the final?
    Owner of PS3 and Wii. Playing Unreal Tournament 3 at the moment. Everything else is on hold.
    PSN - arcticreaver

Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    there is no difference

PSN ID: zapasant93

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticreaver
    i got the free version. anyone know what the difference is between the free and the final?
    It depends. When it was first released, it was the beta version and was free. Then they released the final version and it was still free for a couple months but you still had to download it again.

If you got the free beta and never upgraded while the final version was still free, then you're not using the final version.

Member #
    Friends
    $5 well spent, but I am happy i got mine for free. the beta sucked and i was hoping i didnt have to pay for the "final" version but the final product came out very well and if i had to pay the $5 i would have. i use it all the time.

Ads