LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    SSBB Name = JAA! phillepino's Avatar
    Member #
    35184
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SACTOWN
    Posts
    735
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5481-6878-4567-7796

    Wii's Wi-fi Speed.

    Hmm... WHAT IS THE WII'S NETWORK ADAPTER'S MAXIMUM INTERNET SPEED?

    I'm lookin for the best and cheapest wireless router for the wii

    Im thinking about getting the Linksys WRT300N, however i think that this is too powerful and I'm worried that the wii doesnt even need this much speed.


    So my question is, up to how much internet speed can the wii's wi-fi use or in other words, What's the wii's maximum internet speed?


    P.S. If you know the best cheapest router that will give the wii the best possible speed, please leave the info
    Last edited by phillepino; 10-07-2007 at 09:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Señor Prez Prez's Avatar
    Member #
    4046
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pickering/Toronto
    Posts
    1,392
    Friends
    9
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9004-9974-6002-5074
    Quote Originally Posted by phillepino
    Hmm...

    I'm lookin for the best and cheapest wireless router for the wii

    Im thinking about getting the Linksys WRT300N, however i think that this is too powerful and I'm worried that the wii doesnt even need this much speed.


    So my question is, up to how much internet speed can the wii's wi-fi use or in other words, What's the wii's maximum internet speed?


    P.S. If you know the best cheapest router that will give the wii the best possible speed, please leave the info
    The WRT300N would be an especially bad choice. It uses the more new Wireless N technology, while the Wii uses Wireless B/G.
    It would be a complete waste.
    Stick to any decent wireless g router that can go on b/g mode.
    Can't really go to wrong just look for the any router made by Linksys, Dlink, motorola, belkin, etc..


    PM me if you need anything...
    Brawl Friend Code: 3909-7181-1115
    Up for a game? Click here
    Up for a tournament? Click here


  3. #3
    SSBB Name = JAA! phillepino's Avatar
    Member #
    35184
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SACTOWN
    Posts
    735
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5481-6878-4567-7796
    soo do you know the maximum speed that the Wii can wield/use?

    coz there's different speeds like 54 Mbps

    i wonder if shud go any higher than 54 Mbps

  4. #4
    Señor Prez Prez's Avatar
    Member #
    4046
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pickering/Toronto
    Posts
    1,392
    Friends
    9
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9004-9974-6002-5074
    Quote Originally Posted by phillepino
    soo do you know the maximum speed that the Wii can wield/use?

    coz there's different speeds like 54 Mbps

    i wonder if shud go any higher than 54 Mbps
    I wouldn't worry about surpassing the speed of your Wii. Your internet speed is not dependent on your router so much, but more on your actual internet from your ISP.


    PM me if you need anything...
    Brawl Friend Code: 3909-7181-1115
    Up for a game? Click here
    Up for a tournament? Click here


  5. #5
    SSBB Name = JAA! phillepino's Avatar
    Member #
    35184
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SACTOWN
    Posts
    735
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5481-6878-4567-7796
    I thot the router can only give so much speed?


    And that's why they have limits?

  6. #6
    Señor Prez Prez's Avatar
    Member #
    4046
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pickering/Toronto
    Posts
    1,392
    Friends
    9
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9004-9974-6002-5074
    Different routers will not really differ in speed. As long as you get wireless G it'll be fine.


    PM me if you need anything...
    Brawl Friend Code: 3909-7181-1115
    Up for a game? Click here
    Up for a tournament? Click here


  7. #7
    SSBB Name = JAA! phillepino's Avatar
    Member #
    35184
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SACTOWN
    Posts
    735
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5481-6878-4567-7796
    Are you sure?

    Let's say we have T1 internet connection

    My Belkin router can only send 54.0Mbps while WRT300N can send up to a lot more

    That's why I'm wondering how much speed can the wii take max?

    For example, if only I had 54.0 Mbps network adapter, I would get 54.0 Mbps max connection from my router even if it is the faster router in the world. If I had the 300n network adapter and WRT300N router I will get the fastest possible speed, higher than 54.0 mbps if that makes sense
    Last edited by phillepino; 10-07-2007 at 09:34 PM.

  8. #8
    Ty.
    Ty. is offline
    Wii mi... Ty.'s Avatar
    Member #
    35049
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wi
    Posts
    45
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I have the same router at home and in my condo (doorm). It is a linksys wrt54g, which is just a basic linksys router. When I do a system update, it takes about 5 minutes at my house, and about 4 hours here, which is not even an exageration, so basically what I am trying to say is that everyone above me is right. Just get a good router that you can afford, the biggest factor in internet speed is your service provider, and what service you have through them.

    Hope that helped.
    Hardware: Wii, 4 wiimotes, 1 nunchuck, 1 clasic controller

    Games: MP8, Sports, Play, Og Super Mario, Mario Cart 64.


    Sig pic by Torchik

  9. #9
    SSBB Name = JAA! phillepino's Avatar
    Member #
    35184
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SACTOWN
    Posts
    735
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5481-6878-4567-7796
    Anyone played mario strikers?


    And does it lag with it?






    Can anyone answer this question?

    "What is the maximum speed that the Wii can take?"

  10. #10
    Señor Prez Prez's Avatar
    Member #
    4046
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pickering/Toronto
    Posts
    1,392
    Friends
    9
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9004-9974-6002-5074
    Quote Originally Posted by phillepino
    Are you sure?

    Let's say we have T1 internet connection

    My Belkin router can only send 54.0Mbps while WRT300N can send up to a lot more

    That's why I'm wondering how much speed can the wii take max?

    For example, if only I had 54.0 Mbps network adapter, I would get 54.0 Mbps max connection from my router even if it is the faster router in the world. If I had the 300n network adapter and WRT300N router I will get the fastest possible speed, higher than 54.0 mbps if that makes sense
    Wireless N will not make the internet go faster because the Wii is not Wireless N. It wouldn't even be able to connect with wireless N.


    PM me if you need anything...
    Brawl Friend Code: 3909-7181-1115
    Up for a game? Click here
    Up for a tournament? Click here


Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

how to speed up wifi on wii
,

how to speed up wii wifi

,
speed up wii wifi
,
wii max internet speed
,

wii max wifi speed

,
wii max wireless speed
,
wii maximum download speed
,

wii network speed

,
wii wifi best speed
,
wii wireless card speed
,
wii wireless networking speed
,
wii wireless speed
Click on a term to search for related topics.