LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Online Yes or No

Is it worth getting Broadband just to go online on the nintendo wii? If so why?

Does wii online compare to xbox live? ( anyone who loves x-box go to youtube and search 'hitler x box live account banned'. It was helarious even though i don't like them. Warning contains some really foul language. Please no one take offense from it.)

2. Ads

WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    Xbox Live is superior compared to the Wii and PS3... downloads, games, features really make Live the best. In my opinion I would get broadband for both the Wii and my PC, getting it for only the Wii is not worth the money.

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

Member #
    Friends
    5537-0855-7535-2075
    Quote Originally Posted by 03breshi
    Is it worth getting Broadband just to go online on the nintendo wii? If so why?

Does wii online compare to xbox live? ( anyone who loves x-box go to youtube and search 'hitler x box live account banned'. It was helarious even though i don't like them. Warning contains some really foul language. Please no one take offense from it.)
    Not really. You miss some of the addon things like having your friends miis appearing, the Virtual Console, erm? The weather chanel.. .. but really, at the moment, probably not worth it. Although, how are you on this forum? Dial up or broadband from somewhere not your home??

Wii online does compare to XBLA - everyone ever who has commented says the wii's online offering is pants in comparison. But it is free.

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Don't get broadband just to go on the internet on the wii.. because it's shit.

Live on 360, now woah.. that's something the other consoles will never be able to achieve..

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by surfinrach90
    Don't get broadband just to go on the internet on the wii.. because it's shit.

Live on 360, now woah.. that's something the other consoles will never be able to achieve..
    Short and to the point.
    But seriously, I don't think that any console will be able to beat Xbox Live at the moment, so unless you are planning on using your Xbox to get online, I would not get a broadband connection just for the Wii.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Quote Originally Posted by Byuakuya
    Short and to the point.
    But seriously, I don't think that any console will be able to beat Xbox Live at the moment, so unless you are planning on using your Xbox to get online, I would not get a broadband connection just for the Wii.
    I've been told that the Xbox 360 lacks an Internet browser? So sure while Live is superior to the Wii Shop Channel by far however the Wii DOES make a decent Web TV device. Now that the Internet Channeli browser is updated to support a USB keyboard it is now at least somewhat useful.

While some may consider the lack of full network usage a waste however most broadband users still don't go too far past using it just for faster web browsing, game support, and recently now VOIP. I suggest you consider what you currently use the Internet for and what you expect to get out of it if your connection was faster, then evaluate the possibilities and decide if it's worth it to you.

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

Member #
    Friends
    i am on dialup at the moment, what about games online i hear some are really good. What about redsteel does that go online??

thanx for all the opinions!

Ads