+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    vote for me....Wario! wario2ooo's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0162-6929-7214-8876
    actually....there is more then the keyboard

you can actually send sites to your mii friends........the blue slot light turns on while on the internet and knowing you got a message without going to the wii menu....and highlight stuff and search the stuff you highlight....and a few more stuff
    SSBB= 2664-1935-2379
    Guitar hero 3= 283602180394
    Strikers FC= 236458-134911
    PBR CODE= 1678-1299-6385
    PKM FC=1847-8145-3579
    Guitar Hero WT: 000189824665
    TvsC: 4082-6902-6467

need help with anything, pm me
    I'm back....and bored

Member #
    Friends

At least one wireless keyboard works!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyman2
    I was wondering if thereare any wireless keyboards out there that are know to work?
    I am using the Logitech MX3200 wireless desktop right now to type this message on my Wii. It seems to be working great. I'm especially happy because it was on sale at Staples for $30 8>
    It was a bit tricky to get it to work though. I had to install it on my PC, install the Logitech SetPoint software and go through the security setup that pairs the wireless dongle with the keyboard. Funny how that wasn't in the instructions, Logitech -- the keyboard wouldn't even work with the PC until I did that. But after it was done, I just unplugged the dongle, plugged it into the Wii, and started typing. It is extremely awesome to be sitting on my couch with a keyboard on my lap. It's like having a really light laptop with a huge screen.
    I hope this helps someone looking for a wireless keyboard to use with the Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    5930-2204-0713-5850
    Perfect! Thank you very much i totally rep'd you or what ever. i'll go grab myself one of those. sounds kinda trouble some and outa my league tech wise so i might come back to you for help, but still thanks so much.

Now for the second question, anyone know what "widget view mode" is or if there is such a thing?

Member #
    Friends
    2154-9969-3510-2243
    Quote Originally Posted by MRCOOLGH
    the new features that come with update 3.1 are the ability to use a USB keyboard for the wii message board channel and there is a virtual clock now so if future games come out like AC:WII or Tony Hawk's: Proving Ground for the wii it can use the internal clock in the wii.
    I have already noticed that in Super Paper Mario. There was a clock placed somewhere and it told the real time, niffty.

I Swear never to touch a PlayStation ever again
    I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE Wii
    MAKE YOUR PLEDGE TODAY!

<<<<< Wii Number *Message Me First*

Member #
    Friends
    First do the firmware update to v3.1, then go into the shop channel and download an update for both the Internet Channel and the Everybody Votes Channel

Member #
    Friends
    The message thing from the internet? Where abouts is it? Couldn't see it yesterday.
    Wii games I own: Medal Of Honour Heroes 2, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Resident Evil 4, Red Steel, Mario Strikers Charged, Fifa 08, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Mario Galaxy, Big Brain Accademy, Battalion Wars 2 and Wii Sports.

Wii Number: 2823 4586 3223 6887
    Friend Code for MSC: 463957 076941
    Fifa 08 player name: Woz

Member #
    Friends
    0423-8829-8601-2645
    Quote Originally Posted by MRCOOLGH
    USB keyboard for the wii message board channel
    have i missed some news or do you mean the opera browser?

Might get myself a wireless keyboard then...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamo
    are they going to be making their own nintendo keyboard to sell?
    Why bother?
    money
    Yup, of course . I mean they have overpriced Nintend-brand SD cards, don't they? However...they have already announced Logitech as a partner, and as such, already began promoting one of their non-wireless usb keyboards

Quote Originally Posted by warkentins
    I hope this helps someone looking for a wireless keyboard to use with the Wii.
    Meh, $30 is a lot to spend on a wireless keyboard for a device that hardly uses it. Well, not a lot, but it's not cost-effective. I was planning on finding a dirt-cheap Microsoft Wireless Keyboard with just basic functionality for under $10.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyman2
    Now for the second question, anyone know what "widget view mode" is or if there is such a thing?
    Where'd you hear of this?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vi3tmix
    Meh, $30 is a lot to spend on a wireless keyboard for a device that hardly uses it. Well, not a lot, but it's not cost-effective. I was planning on finding a dirt-cheap Microsoft Wireless Keyboard with just basic functionality for under $10.
    I've never seen a wireless keyboard anywhere for $30 or less. Do tell where you're finding one for under $10. The one I bought was deeply discounted – a $50 instant rebate and a $50 online rebate. And a device that hardly uses it? That depends on you, I guess. I sure find it handy to sit on my couch and use my gmail account to e-mail family and friends instead of being hunched over a computer screen.

It also encourages more family participation in using the Internet because we don't have to crowd around behind the person sitting in the computer chair, we can sit on the couch or chair or floor and the TV is easy to read. My wife and I sit and read the news together, or watch Youtube videos together. It's great.

The only thing holding the Wii back from being an excellent family-friendly way to access the Internet is the number of websites compatible with the Wii version of the Opera browser.

Member #
    Friends
    5930-2204-0713-5850
    I'm glad you asked me where i found it because i tried to find where i had seen it and found the answer i was looking for.

"The Nintendo Wii also embraces Web content and applications in a revolutionary new way with the debut of Widget View Mode in the Internet Channel. By surfing to widgets.opera.com users can browse Opera’s collection of community-built, Opera-tested Web applications immediately ready to run on the Nintendo Wii Internet Channel.

Widgets available now include calendars, news readers, Internet radios and other fun applications. Users of Opera’s desktop browser will immediately recognize their favorite widgets on this new platform. Web developers can publish widgets on Opera’s website to make them available to Wii users. For more information on creating widgets, please visit widgets.opera.com
    "

From http://wii.ds-scene.net/?act=viewtopic&s=wii&topic=2630

Ads