LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Livebox + Wii Problems

Well ive been reading through the forums quite a bit, stumbled across this site through a google search. I bought my girfriend a Wii for her birthday, but now we cannot seem to get it properly connected to the internet.

Im using a Livebox, brand new, seems to work great. I can connect to the internet wirelessly and via ethernet cable.

After reading some things in here, i tried changing my Router settings to WEP only, instead of the selected WPA + WEP. The problem i then encountered was that the Wii connected fine, but the other two laptops got kicked of the internet.

We both are using iBook G4's. I have deleted all history of the connection within the laptop and router, and tried re-pairing from the start. I enter the WEP in CAPS, and made sure the pass was correct. I continually get 'error joining selected network' on the auto connect, and it wont give me the option of putting in a password.

I know this is a semi computer related problem, but i dont know what to do. Either the Wii suffers, or i have no internet. When i changed the router setting back to WEP + WPA, the wireless connected. Only other bit of information i can think of that might help is the Wii can connect at the same time as the Ethernet cable..

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Thanks for everyones input :-p

I solved it myself, turned of the Wii, so it discconected, I then repaired my laptop, then turned the Wii back on..

Simple enough, dont know what the pairing problems where..

Ads