LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

LAn adaptor problems

Im not a techhead so this question might be stupid but i've just brought a lan adapter for my wii and im not sure where to plug the ethernet cable into because i have a wired connection downstairs which runs upstairs to my computter and i cant find where the cable goes!
    Any help appreciated!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I'm not sure this is what you mean but you plug the usb plug of the lan adapter into the back of the Wii and plug the ethernet cable into the ethernet port on the lan adapter.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons.
    Remember, you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    If you have a the connection for either the router or the computer itself, you should be able to plug the ethernet cable into that, plug the other end into the box (the LAN box itself - what you bought), and plug the USB connector (from the LAN adaptor) into the back of the Wii itself.

So it goes: Router/Computer-->ethernet cable-->LAN adaptor (which has a USB cable in built)-->Wii

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks for the advice, i now know the problem is i dont have an ethernet port on my router or computer so is there anything that can adpt the ethernet cable to a usb or something similar?

Member #
    Friends
    Jammy, if you don't have an ethernet port on your cable modem or router how do you connect your computer to the internet? If you're saying that you don't have an available ethernet port on the router/cable modem then your options include.
    1) Get a wired router to split the signal and run the cat-5 cable from that to the Wii and your computer
    2) Get a wireless router and use that to connect the Wii (you might also have to get a wireless adapter for your computer also if it's not a laptop. Most, if not all of the newer laptops have WiFi built into them already)
    3) Get the Nintendo WiFi 'dongle' which attaches to your computer and is reported to allow the Wii to patch into your computer's internet connection (I say reported to because I've never used on and some people have reported problems with the dongle on some systems). The main drawback to that is that your computer must be turned on to allow the Wii to connect to the internet.
    If it was me I'd go with option 1 or 2.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Mom
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons.
    Remember, you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Member #
    Friends
    cheers dr mom i think ill buy a wired router as i dont want wireless

Ads