LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0554-8372-1002-5500

Problems With Router :(

Hey there, I'm having some problems with the router that I have in my room. I've used it to connect to the internet with my DS and Wii before, but it hasn't been working for a while now.

Here's the setup. My dad has his router upstairs, connected directly to the modem, then there's a cord running from his router to mine, which is connected directly to my computer, while I was going to use it's wireless for my DS and Wii.

The problem on the Wii seems to be that it doesn't want to stay connected. When I try getting on the internet channel, two different error messages pop up. They say something along the lines of "you now have a working internet connection" and "you have no network connection" and it switches between the two every few seconds.

The router that I use is a D-Link wbr-1310. It doesn't have a WEP-key set up (but my dad's does). I disabled the firewall on it, and I also have it set to auto-scan channels, though I have tried just using channel 1 or 11 before.

If anyone could help me fix this, I'd be very thankful

I'll try and answer any questions that you could ask me...
    Last edited by unluckylink13; 11-08-2007 at 05:59 PM.

current obsessions::
    Kingdom Hearts
    Fish

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by unluckylink13
    Hey there, I'm having some problems with the router that I have in my room. I've used it to connect to the internet with my DS and Wii before, but it hasn't been working for a while now.

Here's the setup. My dad has his router upstairs, connected directly to the modem, then there's a cord running from his router to mine, which is connected directly to my computer, while I was going to use it's wireless for my DS and Wii.

The problem on the Wii seems to be that it doesn't want to stay connected. When I try getting on the internet channel, two different error messages pop up. They say something along the lines of "you now have a working internet connection" and "you have no network connection" and it switches between the two every few seconds.

The router that I use is a D-Link wbr-1310. It doesn't have a WEP-key set up (but my dad's does). I disabled the firewall on it, and I also have it set to auto-scan channels, though I have tried just using channel 1 or 11 before.

If anyone could help me fix this, I'd be very thankful

I'll try and answer any questions that you could ask me...
    well its probably picking up the connection from your router then getting blocked from your dads since you get your routers connection from your dads router. you either need to input his WEP pass or set your WEP pass to his too and put it in for the wii's pass that would work best. also you could take the WEP off his but thats prolly not a good idea.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    0554-8372-1002-5500
    Well, I'm not sure if that's the problem, since my computer is connecting just fine, but I'll ask him if he wants to remove the password. It's not like anyone is gonna use our connection, anyway. We kinda live out in the middle of nowhere

Thanks for replying. I honestly thought no one would :P

current obsessions::
    Kingdom Hearts
    Fish

Ads