LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver
    thats so weird, the same thing is happening to a lot of people! ive been using my wii wirelessly for a year, i lent it to a friend, got it back and now it refuses to connect to every access point it finds. i'm going crazy! is it a problem with nintendo or something??
    "every access point"...are you connecting to your wifi router or someone else's? One possibility where a wifi connection used to work but now doesn't is interference. If you have another nearby wifi connection it may be on the same channel as you. Try switching the channels to a unique one to see if the connection improves. I think that for the linksys WRT54 wireless routers channels 1 and 11 are preferred if you're in mixed mode (b/g support).
    MOHH2 username: sushinut
    I have: Wii Play, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Elebits, RE4, Super Mario Strikers Charged, Mario & Sonic, GHIII w/ 2 guitars, MOHH2, SMG, RE: UC

Member #
    Friends
    believe me, i've experimented with and adjusted everything on the WBR1310 i'm running with. ive even hopped onto neighbors' connections and remotely adjusted their router settings, with the same result. it worked just fine before, and ive got cordless phones, wireless xbox live, a laptop, and wireless headphones all working fine with the wii, before now. evidently this is going to remain my problem.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver
    ive even hopped onto neighbors' connections and remotely adjusted their router settings
    That my friend is.. Illegal! Just because their personal network is unencrypted does not mean you have the right to connect. Unless it is a dedicated Hotspot (Hotels, Restaurants, Coffee Shops, etc) or unless you have the owners permission, I would advise against it.

Check my Profile for information on my PC Tech Support services.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Check my Blog for "Program of the Week" every Tuesday. Suggestions welcome, PM me.

Member #
    Friends
    Build a parabolic booster and place it flat against the left side of the wii to get a better signal. The wifi antennas are on the bottom right hand side in the wii, and the top left middle of the wii. I did that a while ago and it worked great. Now I use one of those $3 ebay china made 802.11g usb adapters connected to a 3 foot usb extension. This is just a simple but effective solution to get a better signal.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Swapmii
    Build a parabolic booster and place it flat against the left side of the wii to get a better signal. The wifi antennas are on the bottom right hand side in the wii, and the top left middle of the wii. I did that a while ago and it worked great. Now I use one of those $3 ebay china made 802.11g usb adapters connected to a 3 foot usb extension. This is just a simple but effective solution to get a better signal.
    thanks man, i'll try that out. that, or i'll just go to stupid futureshop and buy a usb-to-LAN adapter and go wired. :P

Quote Originally Posted by nxcmp
    That my friend is.. Illegal!
    i know. my net is faster than anyone elses, so i'd have no reason to use theirs except for experimental purposes, anyway.

Member #
    Friends
    I have a satellite dish that I modified for my WUSB300N USB adapter. I get all sorts of connections.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Swapmii
    I have a satellite dish that I modified for my WUSB300N USB adapter. I get all sorts of connections.
    *insert snappy 'your mom' joke here*

Ads