LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4903-5557-1975-7728
    I noticed that the Wifi app doesn't start with windows. I had to start it manually, then it works no problem.
    Don't forget, for those of you that it's never worked for, check your settings on your firewall.

Make sure that the Wifi app is allowed full access to the net.

Allow traffic to all destinations on ports: 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920, 80, and 443

UDP:
    Allow all traffic to all destinations.

"Trusted" Applications:
    If your firewall or PC security program keeps a list of trusted applications (also known as a "trusted zone"), the following programs are installed with the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, and require internet communications. If prompted by your firewall or PC security program, add these to the list of trusted applications. This information may also apply to certain computer security applications, such as anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.:

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector USB (NintendoWFCReg.exe )
    Setup.exe (when installing the USB Connector)
    SoftAPInstDrv.bin
    mdriver.exe

"Trusted" IP Ranges:
    There are also potential ranges of IP addresses that may need to be added to the "trusted zone" for your software firewall or PC security program for Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector users. Each of these would need to be opened up for TCP and UDP traffic, or for some firewalls or security programs, added as a "trusted zone." Please consult the manual for your firewall or security program for more specific information.

192.168.1.1 subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    172.16.1.1 subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    0.0.0.0 subnet mask 255.255.255.255

Check your settings, and make sure the Wifi app is still running!!
    Wii 4903-5557-1975-7728
    MSC 210574 043593

Have:
    Big Brain Academy, DDR: Hottest Party, D-K: Barrell Blast, Dewey's, Legend of Zelda, Mario Party 8, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario & Sonic, Metroid Prime 3, Need For Speed: Pro Street, Rayman 2, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Resident Evil 4, Rockstar Table Tennis, The Bigs, The Legend Of Spyro, Trauma Center: New Blood, Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario

Member #
    Friends
    when I tried to run it says connection has limited or no connectivity, when I do a status check it says network didn't assign an IP and stuff like that. What am I supposed to do?
    Owner of a Wii! From January 12,07

I have the Wii Bundle...

I HAVE BEATEN LOZ_TP!!

WiiChat Pwner ^^ wii_girliefairie's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8635-5610-1628-7030
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiWouldLike2Play
    Lol, good thing my dad has XP. I have Vista. xP But, I'm sticking with my dads XP. (:
    ur XPs and ur xPs are confusing me. geez.

I'm a Rising star, In this forum.
    ~Join the Zelda Fan Club (ZFC)~
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    I am also having a lot of trouble with the usb connector. I've got it installed, and it connects...but only sometimes. When it does connect it either has an extremely weak signal and constantly disconnects and reconnects, or it has a full signal but stays connected for about 50 seconds, then 10 seconds of disconnection follows, then it reestablishes the connection again and again.

This makes no sense to me, I don't get why it can't keep a connection. At least half the time it's okay for updates, check mii out, shop channel, etc, but it still fails sometimes and I don't think I would be able to play online without a stable connection.

I have XP of course, and I think version 1.1. Oh, and would a better version be very likely to help?
    Last edited by bandgeek; 12-21-2007 at 07:38 PM.

Ads