+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: This Sucks

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6089-6603-3065-9651

This Sucks

I was completely pumped for the wii online gameing, so i purchased GH3. The day I got it, my computer completely overheated and crashed. And obviously, my router could no longer function W/O a computer. We bought a new computer, and it would arrive in a week or 2. so i also bought Bwii 2 and MOHH2 in preperation for the online gaming-fest. Computer arrives, We fire it up, hook up linksys AND.......It doesnt work. When I scan, it finds the connection, but now it has security on it! I Never applied any security to it EVER! I heard that the password or whatever is sometimes admin or administrator. So i try it, and both of them do not work. Please, find it in your souls to help me! Im desperate. All 3 of those online games staring me in the face...... I need help!

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    I don't know what we can do about it. Is there some way to contact your distributor and get the password?

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    6089-6603-3065-9651
    not sure where to get #, dont have the box

Member #
    Friends
    2704-5528-6520-6101
    the number is mostlikley on the case no the box

plz msg me if you wanna play mario kart or metroid on the DS.

Member #
    Friends
    Hold the reset button on your Linksys router for 30 secs and that will return it to factory defaults. From there you will have to reconfigure the router to make everything work again, but this will allow you to get into it.

Member #
    Friends
    6089-6603-3065-9651
    Maleko, um not to sound completely noobish but, how do you recomfigure the router?

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    dude you dont need a computer to use a router unless your modem is a usb dogle like mine is if its cable or dsl internet you should have it connected directly to the router and you dont need a pc

Please PM me before adding me!

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbomb3
    I was completely pumped for the wii online gameing, so i purchased GH3. The day I got it, my computer completely overheated and crashed. And obviously, my router could no longer function W/O a computer. We bought a new computer, and it would arrive in a week or 2. so i also bought Bwii 2 and MOHH2 in preperation for the online gaming-fest. Computer arrives, We fire it up, hook up linksys AND.......It doesnt work. When I scan, it finds the connection, but now it has security on it! I Never applied any security to it EVER! I heard that the password or whatever is sometimes admin or administrator. So i try it, and both of them do not work. Please, find it in your souls to help me! Im desperate. All 3 of those online games staring me in the face...... I need help!
    The router does not need a computer to work.

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbomb3
    Maleko, um not to sound completely noobish but, how do you recomfigure the router?
    Assuming that you've reset the router to factory defaults, you use your web browser to go to 192.168.1.1 and login (google for default user/pass for Linksys routers). Then you can make any changes that are needed to get your router back working. Normally, all you should have to do is make sure that DHCP is turned on (both server for your LAN and client to connect to your ISP), turn on your wireless service, set your SSID (network name) and any encryption or other security settings that you feel you need.

The easiest recommendation I can give, is to find the "quick setup" paperwork that came with your router, or if that is not possible, check out the manufactuers website for FAQs on standard configs.

Member #
    Friends
    3480-6187-2679-2938
    are you using a wireless router that plugs into a wall? if you are then you dont need a computer for it to work... but if you are hooked up via a little stick connected to a usb port in your, then yes, your computer must work... but aslong as the internet's working (which i assume it is, your on the forums) then maybe you need to find a wireless router that is easy to set up.
    Would like a sig to enter here.

I have two personalities: Personality 1/Social/school= Metro/Skate/surf brand clothes and jokes. Personality 2/Wiichat=... Grammer and long words.

Spoiler Alert!

Ads