LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Need REAL HELP When Connecting Online.

Ok, i've been looking everywhere for help and no luck at all, i'm trying to connect online and everything goes well until test connection and comes up with error: 51330, people have been seeing to reset the router, or change channels etc. or change settings to mix g/b etc etc. i'm only 15 and well i have no idea what all that is and can't really reset anything and i just have no idea what to do and i know nothing about all this router thing, my router thing is NETGEAR DG834PN, please help!! would be soo much help for me. thank you

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyleer
    i'm only 15 and well i have no idea what all that is and can't really reset anything and i just have no idea what to do and i know nothing about all this router thing
    Given that, it pretty much sums up your options:

1) Hire a professional (I do this for a living but I doubt you're near me)
    2) Find a friend/relative who is really good with routers, networking, and computers to look at it.

If you're that lost and unwilling to learn then no one is going to be able to help you remotely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    4413-0185-4583-9848
    can you tell us what you have done so far?
    is your router wireless?
    are you connected to the internet on the computer?
    Mario strikers code. 476853 243118.

GAMES OWNED.
    Sports. Play. Super Mario Sunshine. Raving rabbids
    Table tennis. Fifa 08.
    Carnival. Rapala tournament fishing.Endless ocean (not really a game). Mario galaxy. Olympics. Links crossbow training. Super paper Mario. Playground. Winter sports 2008

V.C. Mario Kart 64. Super Mario 64. Legend of Zelda

Member #
    Friends
    yes my router is wireless and i'm connected to the internet on my computer.
    also if the only way to fix this problem is something to do with the router, what excatly do i have to do?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    What exactly you need to do depends on exactly what the problem is, which we're nowhere near knowing yet. You'll have to answer a lot more questions.

Do you have any other wireless devices that are able to use your wireless router?

You can also try turning off MIMO on the router as it's just another hack to double bandwidth by hogging up more channels. Wifi has enough interference problems as it is without rude devices taking up more than they ought to. Unless you're the only house within a half-mile in all directions, you should not try to go above standard 54Mbit/s 802.11g
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    I haven't got any other wirless devices that are using my wirless router.

And i look on the router but i couldn't find MIMO? And how do i know if it's above the standard 54Mbit/s 802.11g?

Member #
    Friends
    Just my 2 cents:

Find/Download the user manual for your router. Check the router to see which (if any) security settings have been set (e.g., MAC filtering, WEP, or WPA). If so, make sure your Wii has the same settings.

Also, check the router's logs (read the manual to find out how) and see if it detects your Wii.

Good luck.

JT.
    Member #
    Friends
    Does your router/ISP have any firewalls? Could be a problem. Was for me before.

Signature under construction

"Life's a game", and I lost the manual...

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    MIMO = multi-in, multi-out. Technique of snagging and bonding multiple channels so that you get more-throughput. To the detriment of anyone else around trying to use wifi.

Netgear refers to it as MIMO on their product info page for that router but maybe they use other terminology in the actual web setup. I gave up on Netgear years ago because their products were so buggy and braindead so it wouldn't surprise me.

Out of curiosity, Tyleer: what country are you in? The DG834PN is not for use in North America, according to Netgear. Or Germany for that matter.

This site is your friend: http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/dg834pn.asp

Member #
    Friends
    My router has got no sercuity settings.
    I'm not 100% about the firewalls actually, i have firewalls 'on' on my computer but not sure what else?
    And i'm living in the UK.
    I do apologize for how i know nothing at all about routers and thank you so far for the help.

Ads