Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Ah, mod-chipping...

The fastest way to a $250 Brick.

Some legal mumbo-jumbo to add to the discussion.

Mod-Chips serve 2 main purposes in consoles (i.e. the Wii)
    1. Allowing the playing of Homebrew Software (This is legal in the US and companies may oppose it, but have no legal grounds to do so)
    2. Playing burnt copies of ROMs. Two sub-points on this
    A. Making archival copies of software you own is LEGAL and cannot be prevented under US Federal Law. Companies that try to sue/prevent archival copying open themselves to lawsuits under the Fair Use statutes in Copyright law. This can even invalidate a copyright.
    B. Copying software you have not purchased. This is ILLEGAL, and carries penalties of $10,000 and Five years in Federal Prison in the USA. DON'T DO IT! Seriously, saving $50 on Galaxy is not worth becoming Big Bubba's special friend for half a decade.
    Pokemon Diamond: Name:Sif FC:3952 3555 4891

Now Trading 1st, 3rd, & 4th gen starters, Phione, Rotom, Porygon, Dratini, Kecleon, Feebas, Castform, Tyrogue, and anything else I can breed.

2. Ads

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by TiwazTyrsfist
    B. Copying software you have not purchased. This is ILLEGAL, and carries penalties of $10,000 and Five years in Federal Prison in the USA. DON'T DO IT! Seriously, saving $50 on Galaxy is not worth becoming Big Bubba's special friend for half a decade.
    But its so easy to get away with. The chances of being caught are extremely slim.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Somewhere... over the rainbow... (actually, New Jersey)
    Friends
    8439-4149-2660-5864
    you guys (and gals ) are saying all this stuff AFTER the guy (or gal O_o) modded his/her wii.

The problem here is what to do NOW.

and I'd say, good luck. do stuff with your wii. Just don't try anything stupid.

oh, and don't update your wii.
    If you want to add me in Brawl, PM me that you're going to (and include your brawl name and friend code). Also, PM me if you delete me, so I can delete your name, too. I need space, ya know.
    FC: 2707-1312-0571
    For anyone who added me in Brawl and deleted me because it still said "Awaiting Registration", please re-add me. It just means we both haven't been online at the same time.

Member #
    Friends
    well i dont know how the mods on the wii but on the xbox if you mod it and try to go online xbox tracks your sn and bans you from online use im guessing nintendo would do the same thing so i would recomend not going online with the wii just so you did not waste your money

Member #
    Friends
    2937-4259-9208-4198
    Modding does not = brick.
    Kthxbye.

Ads