LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

"WiiMusic" streaming site server specifically for Wii!

Hey all,

This was briefly touched on in the middle of another thread, but I feel it deserves it's own thread; as it's a great piece of software...

Check out www.miimusic.com

I sets up a local server for your wii for music. The site/player is tailored specifically for the wii, and it works perfect!!!

Share your thoughts..

Matt!

Member #
    Friends
    personally, i'd rather not use it. more than likely you can listen, or play. i like to play and listen to music at the same time. i'd rather get a junk computer for free or really cheap, network it, plug it into my stereo, and stream from my library of music. it's like a cheap "media center pc"

in college we did that. we'd be downstairs getting drunk playing GTA and other such games, streaming music wirelessly with a massive playlist (or a short one). it was a room mates from home that nobody was using (over 5 year old gateway). it needed a cd rom cuz it didnt work properly and i put xp on it, and a wireless card that i already had. worked great

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by heymoe99
    personally, i'd rather not use it. more than likely you can listen, or play. i like to play and listen to music at the same time. i'd rather get a junk computer for free or really cheap, network it, plug it into my stereo, and stream from my library of music. it's like a cheap "media center pc"

in college we did that. we'd be downstairs getting drunk playing GTA and other such games, streaming music wirelessly with a massive playlist (or a short one). it was a room mates from home that nobody was using (over 5 year old gateway). it needed a cd rom cuz it didnt work properly and i put xp on it, and a wireless card that i already had. worked great
    how is it wireless? u said u plug it into your stereo..how are u streaming it from upstairs? this could be useful for me if its easier. i have an ihome type thing

Member #
    Friends
    wireless router and 3 pc's upstairs connected wired.
    cheap pc connected wirelessly downstairs with a wireless card.
    downstairs pc connected to stereo wired.
    with the right video card, u could also stream video downstairs too, or use the pc as a dvd player (if it has a dvd rom). hence the "media center pc"

the hard part is getting it set up and working well. some pc cases are huge and take up some space. we didnt use it as a "pc" much so we weren't worried about a lot of extra programs (pc games, ms office, AIM, ect.)

does that help u?

Ads