LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2856-3740-5359-2869

Ridiculous and Unholy Amount of Madden 2008 Online Lag

is this just my problem? ive looked around and seed posts similar but their sort of outdated and was wondering if most people still suffer from my fate? i like to think i am quite decent at madden given the fact that i beat all my friends most of the time and have pretty good football knowledge for the most part. problem being: Whenever I play Maddeno 2008 Online with my Wii I suffer from a 1.5-2.5 second lag between my actions and when my actions are displayed onscreen. This was noticeable from the gitgo, after playing a game or 2 offline to get the feel i went online and everything from choosing plays with the D-pad and Analog Stick, to picking the play with A, to choosing a reciever, to MOVING MY PLAYER, to making the wii-mote gestures is ALLLL lagged.

does every1 have these problems or is it just my crappy connection? (Moh h2 runs flawlessly mind you, as well as my internet channel and other channel functions) if so were switching to verizon fiber optic within weeks so maybe itll be better then (i have a wireless linksys router, dsl connection)

otherwise a fantastic game, love franchise as always
    Wii Games: Wii Sports, Manhunt 2, Madden 2008, Super Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Mario Strikers Charged, Link's Crossbow Training and Red Steel

VC Games: Super Metroid, Gunstar Heroes, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Contra 3, Ninja Gaiden 2, Super Mario Brothers, Soldier Blade, Kid Icarus, Blades of Steel, World Sports Competition, F-Zero and Punch-Out

Join the Zelda Fan Club (ZFC)~

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    7500-4049-1798-0971
    When playing Madden 08 online, i find some games seem to run ok and other are just painfully laggy. Most of the time you can tell if someone is laggin' by the team selection page.
    When you are choosing your team, check out how much lag there is between the time up switch from one team to the next. If it seems to hang up between teams(or take too long), you know that your opponent has a terrible connection. Try that out. Seems to work for me. That's what I do.
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM Dubb's Wii

a sig designed by FRuMMaGe
    Dubb's Wii : 7500 4049 1798 0971
    Guitar Hero 3 Code : 210570817462

Member #
    Friends
    I have horrific lag too, even checked my connection on dslreports, and i'm getting a very awesome connection.

I also get a lot of a failure to connects, but whatever.

Member #
    Friends
    5255-6055-9906-1575
    Its awful, and its everyone. No matter how good your connection is, the lag is always there. Experienced players are all used to it now, cuz you have to throw earlier, blitzing every time is sometimes affective because of the lag...so many strategies arise due to the lag issues.
    CoD: WaW: 4511-4841-1859, ULoseIWinLOL
    GH3: uloseiwin (FC: 201984046077)
    GHWT: Wii Own You, 3265-8284-4671
    AC: CF: Kevin, BusyTown, 0001 7953 2672, yes I have wii speak

PM me if you add me

Text sigs rule ^_^
    ~uloseiwin

Member #
    Friends
    2856-3740-5359-2869
    Quote Originally Posted by uloseiwin
    Its awful, and its everyone. No matter how good your connection is, the lag is always there. Experienced players are all used to it now, cuz you have to throw earlier, blitzing every time is sometimes affective because of the lag...so many strategies arise due to the lag issues.

thats wat aggravates me, i got this game late i guess bc im not willing to pile up losses to experienced "lag exploiters" when i kno im a good madden player w/o lag

i wanted to hop online and test my raw madden skill against ppl...not my ability to manipulate the flaws of the game by blitzing and throwing a pass like 3 seconds early...thats ridiculous

what types of internet do ppl have? im getting verizon fiber optic soon and i have time warner dsl now...think ill see improvement?
    Wii Games: Wii Sports, Manhunt 2, Madden 2008, Super Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Mario Strikers Charged, Link's Crossbow Training and Red Steel

VC Games: Super Metroid, Gunstar Heroes, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Contra 3, Ninja Gaiden 2, Super Mario Brothers, Soldier Blade, Kid Icarus, Blades of Steel, World Sports Competition, F-Zero and Punch-Out

Join the Zelda Fan Club (ZFC)~

Ads