LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii...WEP issue!!!

I get my Wii to find my wireless access point...however when it finds it it asks for the WEP security code. I put the code in but I get error message #52030. Any help appreciated

Member #
    Friends
    2429-4615-8570-1814
    2 things

1 u could need your router reset and the wep removed or

2 you could have to menny things attached to your internet i cant my ds's onto my internet cus i have my pc 2 wii's and my other pc on the wifi and 90% of routers only allow 4

2000 - 2007 DragonForce

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quite simply, it's either one of the following:

1) The WEP key isn't what you think it is
    2) You have MAC address filtering enabled as well and need to add the Wii's MAC address to your router's "allowed" list.

Quote Originally Posted by kronau
    90% of routers only allow 4
    This is not true. Every personal router/AP I've seen has a DHCP server that can hand out the full Class C range of 254 addresses. And considering my job for the last 15+ years has been as a computer tech, I've seen a lot of routers.

Sometimes out-of-the-box they might be configured to only use DHCP for a subset of that, but the smallest I've ever seen is 100 (and it can always been widened up to the max of 254... well 253 if you count the IP of the router itself).
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    1215-8035-1800-1128
    Sounds good to me, Most routers come with only 4 physical ethernet sockets but as you say they can handle 254 addresses. Mine currently has 1 PC and 2 Xbox360 live accounts conected directly via wiered network and a WiFi range extender in the living room which can have a Laptop, Wii and Soundbrige all working happily together.
    Chubbs

Ads