LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Want to get on-line gaming on my wii

I want to get online with my wii however i do not have broadband or a phone line, the mobile company Three have just bought out mobile broadband which is a usb modem that just plugs into your computer and you can surf. All i wanted to know is can you use the Usb modem in the back of the wii??

Any help will do

many thanks

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Probably not. The Wii will connect online via wifi or via the USB-RJ45 network adapter.

Most likely you'll have to use that funky adapter on your PC then also get a USB wifi adapter for your PC then deal with the messy setup of routing your Wii's internet access through your PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Mario Kart here I come!!! jjrules352's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    try the mobile thing first i guess.

liv buy a wii and play it

Mario strikers football Charged rules

Even do I reaaali suck

pm for for fc (europe only)

Member #
    Friends

Wii Internet

How do I get my wii online when i have an internet connection on a different floor. Is there a special piece I have 2 buy to allow my internet to travel from the second floor to the basement?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by rayne2k5
    How do I get my wii online when i have an internet connection on a different floor. Is there a special piece I have 2 buy to allow my internet to travel from the second floor to the basement?
    The Wii has built-in wireless. Get a wireless router and hook it up to your cable/DSL modem, then configure the wireless connection between the Wii and the router.
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    The best way to do get the Wii connected would be to buy a wireless modem router and not use the USB modem included. That way you can have both your PC and Wii connected to the internet at the same time. Plus there's also the added bonus of no wires. You can find a decent modem router with a usb wifi receiver included pretty cheap now.

Member #
    Friends
    5537-0855-7535-2075
    Quote Originally Posted by colourdrop
    I want to get online with my wii however i do not have broadband or a phone line, the mobile company Three have just bought out mobile broadband which is a usb modem that just plugs into your computer and you can surf. All i wanted to know is can you use the Usb modem in the back of the wii??

Any help will do

many thanks

Plugging the mobile broadband directly into the back of your Wii won't work *waits patiently to be proved wrong* .. .. .. .. I think there are only 2 options available to you.. .. .. first - get your own broadband.. .. .. .. second - get friendly with a neighbour who has a wireless network and ask if you can 'borrow' some of their bandwidth.

Member #
    Friends
    how do i connect my wii to the internet?

Member #
    Friends
    0268-1297-5512-7485
    steal it from your neighbour, thats what i do. he`s stupid enough not to put a password on his connection, so hopefully one of your neighbours does the same. hence-FREE INTERNET!

WII GAMES:-
    Wii Sports (obviously!)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mario and Sonic at the Olympics
    The Godfather. Blackhand Edition

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by redjer1987
    how do i connect my wii to the internet?
    Step 1: Start your own thread topic.

Ads