LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wifi

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

wifi

how do you hook up wifi because im getting a wii soon what do you need like can i just plug a ethernet cord connecte to a computer or something
    credit goes to MRvisiter on the castle crashers fourm

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    If you're plugging in an ethernet cable, you're not using wifi as by-definition wifi is wireless.

You either use your Wii's built-in wifi along with your wireless router, or you pick up the RJ45 adapter which plugs into one of the USB ports on the back of the Wii, and then use a cable between your Wii and your router. Some people use a USB wifi adapter on their PC, but that setup is more-complex and requires your PC to be on, and if you're going to be spending that money you'd be better-off spending a bit more for a wireless router instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Ads