LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Belkin 54g

  1. #1
    Junior Member Rampage25's Avatar
    Member #
    41396
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Belkin 54g

    Hi, I'm having trouble with the wifi connection. It seems that when I use the wii, I'm able to connect to the internet on and off. The wii is connected to the internet at times, but at times it isnt connected. Is the reason that I have trouble connecting online is because that I am using the Belking 54g wireless router with a 2.4 GHz frequency???

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    WiiChat Member westearth's Avatar
    Member #
    40916
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    56
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    A LOT of people have complained not being able to go online on the Wii using a Belkin router. So, I suspect that is your problem because it is not compatible. I myself have a Belkin 54g and am unable to connect, so I'm selling it now on eBay and getting a new, non-Belkin one...lol...For some people, removing the encryption/security has worked, so you might want to try that, but then obviously you won't have a secure network and anyone (neighbors, etc.) can use your wireless connection.
    Current Wii titles: Wii Sports, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Pre-ordered).

    Virtual Console: Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. : The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros. 3, Legend of Zelda, Legend of Zelda: Adenture of Link, Bonk 2, Kirby's Adventure

  4. #3
    Got lifeboat? sremick's Avatar
    Member #
    27061
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    1,130
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Belkin and Netgear, while being well-known names, don't make the highest-quality stuff. They thrive on name-recognition, and profit off it by selling over-priced stuff that is average to lower quality than what else is out there. Think BOSE, Sony, Norton/Symantec, etc.

    If you want quality home network hardware from a company with real support, look to companies like Buffalo Technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

  5. #4
    WiiChat Member Whoops's Avatar
    Member #
    33907
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    223
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5231-0127-5051-6215
    I have a Belkin and mine works great. Check everything like the SSID (i think its called that) and the security like the WEP or WPA is correct, if you have any on it. My router is really close to my Wii so putting closer might help.


    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mario Strikers: 116076 328448

    EA Persona: (FIFA 08) & (MOH:H2) Whoopsfire

  6. #5
    Junior Member Rampage25's Avatar
    Member #
    41396
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Belkin and Netgear, while being well-known names, don't make the highest-quality stuff. They thrive on name-recognition, and profit off it by selling over-priced stuff that is average to lower quality than what else is out there. Think BOSE, Sony, Norton/Symantec, etc.

    If you want quality home network hardware from a company with real support, look to companies like Buffalo Technology.
    So, do you have like any suggestions to what router I should get???

  7. #6
    Got lifeboat? sremick's Avatar
    Member #
    27061
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    1,130
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage25
    So, do you have like any suggestions to what router I should get???
    I just told you. Read my post: Buffalo is a good brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

  8. #7
    ****** by Syntax Singhson's Avatar
    Member #
    41648
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Banned by Syntax for no reason, all subscribed threads and own started threads deleted by Syntax
    Posts
    443
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4237-4091-4421-2313
    Try doing a wired connection IF you can!
    I sometimes loose internet Connection too and i have a Belkin one too, it might be the 54g model not sure, because I'm @ work at the moment, but my problem is down to my isp not my router, you might have the same problem, try unplugging your adsl/cable modem directly from the wall, wait about 2 mins and plug in again, otherwise contact your isp. Also check if the net still work's on you pc, if they both ain't working you know its you modem/isp, if your pc's net is working and the wii aint, try reseting the router the same way if not then it probably is some router setting.

    Belkin is a good brand, and you can get fault's with even Sony brands, just try going to the retailer for assistance/Belkin hotline.
    Basically make purchasing a new router your last option.
    ----------Banned by Syntax----------

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

belkin 54g and wii

,

belkin 54g through wii

,

belkin 54g wifi password

,

belkin 54g wii

,
belkin.56a password
,

belkin54g

,

belkin54g password wifi

,

belkin54g wifi password

,

belkin54g wii

,

error code 51330

,

what is the wifi password for belkin 54g

,

wii belkin 54g

Click on a term to search for related topics.